Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to NCI - Have Loads of Questions!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

lew1s wrote: »
    Could you somebody tell me how its with registration fee?
    Because I apply for Student Grant last week.
    The 1500e fee is taken from that grant?
    I dont have any money left for the fee.
    THX

Dublin City Council or whatever city council will pay the €1500. When you receive a letter from the city council saying that you will be receiving a grant bring that to the fees office and they will photocopy it as proof that you will be receiving a grant. The city council will also pay you just over €1200 or more in instalments over the course of the year which you can spend to help you get through college whether that be for books, travel, food and nights out with the college. The €80 gym fee will have to be paid by you as the grant doesn't cover that.

The €80 gym fee is the only thing you have to pay the college if you do receive the grant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Well...i`m starting at NCI soon, and i`m curious what do they usually do for freshers week?What is it about?

Well...i`m starting at NCI soon, and i`m curious what do they usually do for freshers week?What is it about?

Freshers Week is great craic. It basically nights out every day and there ate things going on in the college during that day as well. On Monday there will be inflatable (bouning castle, dunk tank etc) and a night out in 21's. Example is playing on Tuesday in the Academy and before that the will be drinking games in the SU. I can't remember what's happening on Wednesday or Thursday. If you are on Facebook at NCI SU and that page will have all the details of the week. Try to get to as much of the events as you can. Its a great way to make new friends and just enjoy yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JayWhizzle

Hi,

I have a honours degree in Computer Engineering and currently work in IT for a financial company. I am looking to branch somewhat away from engineering/IT and was thinking of taking on the Msc in Management while continuing working full time.

Has/Is anyone on here studied/is studying this course? What can you tell me about it? Is there a significant workload? Is it hard to manage while in full employment?

Any information at all is welcomed.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 treasar

Is anyone else fairly nervous about tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Why would i be?

First day of lectures and all that, little bit nerve-inducing, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

treasar wrote: »
    First day of lectures and all that, little bit nerve-inducing, no?

A wee bit. But from what I gather it will be very unpersonal. As in you just follow your timetable, go to lectures where he/she will talk to the group and then you leave when you're done for the day.

Did you go to orientation?

Inpersonal suits me fine, yay for getting lost in the crowd, at least on the first day...
    Dean0088 wrote: »

Did you go to orientation?

Yup, met some nice people but thought the talk things were really boring...:D

So, 1st Years, how did your first day go. Hope you all enjoyed it and now you can all look forward to Freshers Week next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Went well

Lectures will take a bit of getting used to as theyre different from a school classroom.

People are nice and i like the ananymous feel of college. Lets you find your own groove...

Btw. Its pretty cool of u to look out for us noobie first years! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Frankie7

Hey dudes !! I have to get social welfare letters and what not signed....any1 know where in the college to go to get these signed???

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Went well

Lectures will take a bit of getting used to as theyre different from a school classroom.

People are nice and i like the ananymous feel of college. Lets you find your own groove...

Btw. Its pretty cool of u to look out for us noobie first years! :P

:cool: I was a first year last year and I know how difficult the first few days are with getting used the the change from secondary to college and having to make new friends etc.

Frankie7 wrote: »
    Hey dudes !! I have to get social welfare letters and what not signed....any1 know where in the college to go to get these signed???

Head into student services and they should fill and forms our for you

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Frankie7

cheers mate thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Glad they introduced some more (very needed) computers into the library :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kbyrnsie13

NCI is great
    if you want to see a timetable for 1st year BAHACC
    PM me
    or if you want to ask anything just PM me
    NCI is LEGEND !!!

Advertisement