Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Sim Phone

Options
  • 14-08-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Anyone know a good website where I can get a good deal on a dual sim/touch screen phone?
    I hear there are many models out there that are not mainstream but do the same job.
    Can anyone recommend any cheap brands that are reliable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonymill

RodSteel wrote: »
    Anyone know a good website where I can get a good deal on a dual sim/touch screen phone?
    I hear there are many models out there that are not mainstream but do the same job.
    Can anyone recommend any cheap brands that are reliable?

RodSteel, the Nokia C2 is due out in "Q4 2010".
    It's dual SIM, but not touchscreen.
    I understand it will be pretty cheap.
    Just google it for suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

tonymill wrote: »
    ...the Nokia C2 is due out in "Q4 2010".
    It's dual SIM, but not touchscreen...

While it's good to see Nokia release a Dual-Sim phone I don't think the C2 will address the needs of a large group of potential users.

People who currently carry separate work and personal handsets are more likely be looking for a smartphone with dual-sim capability rather than the more modestly featured C2.

I'm in the market for a smartphone with dual-active sims but I'm reluctant to try an unknown chinese model without knowing what I'm buying. Has anyone here found a smartphone with dual-active sims which they could recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paul.irl

What about the Samsug B5722? It is a touchscreen phone and should cover your needs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-B5722-SAMSUNG-brown/dp/B003AOUNIM

They are available on Amazon Germany for about 170€ but Amazon will only ship it to Germany. However there are ways around that if you know the right people :)

Alternatively there is this new phone also from Samsung: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-B7722EUBK-SAMSUNG-GT-B7722-pearl/dp/B003WP4SO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284457459&sr=1-1

I use a Samsung C5212 myself and can highly recommend the phone. But I'm not very demanding. I make calls and text. And the mp3 player gets used every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pearbelle

Hi
    I have been using dual sim phone for three years now and am currently using the samsung b5722 which so far i have found to be the best. i have used the cheaper chinese versions of the nokia n95 and several other cheaper chinese models while they have all been great to start with after a while they all have given problems with not accepting sim cards etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Battery life will be half of what you expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 pearbelle

T-Square wrote: »

So far so good anyway am getting couple of days with light usage....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hmmm.....so will the C2 not be able to operate both sims at the same time?
    Leaving you to switch between one or the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonymill

Yes.

Hmmm, well that takes most of the appeal out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

paul.irl wrote: »
    What about the Samsug B5722? It is a touchscreen phone and should cover your needs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-B5722-SAMSUNG-brown/dp/B003AOUNIM

They are available on Amazon Germany for about 170€ but Amazon will only ship it to Germany. However there are ways around that if you know the right people :)

Cheaper from pixmania (one of their channels rather than pixmania themselves).
    T-Square wrote: »

Battery life on the B5722 is not half of what I expect. It's at least as good as my old 6300 for similar usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Two Nokia phones coming out. C1 & C2

C1: You need to hold and press a button to switch sims.
    C2: The C2 can keep both SIM cards active; meaning calls and text messages can come to either number while the phone is on. The first SIM card on the Nokia C2 sits underneath the battery and the second is 'hot-swappable', a feature unique to Nokia which means it can be removed and inserted when the phone is on.

Details here: http://www.nokia.com/press/press-releases/showpressrelease?newsid=1421303

I'm waiting for the C2 myself. Should be really handy. I only use phone for calls and texts...

I'd be suspicious of anyone that owned a C1!

Advertisement