Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi DH25DAL 25.2V SDS Power Drill

• 14-08-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I have a DH25DAL 25.2V SDS power drill and it failed under warranty and has failed again. Just will not run and looks like electronic failure. Does anybody have similar experience

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Describe fail?

Exactly what is happening, or not happening for that matter..

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rayh

Was using drill and it stopped for moment and then resumed. Put it in case and next time did not work. I have visually inspected electrics and there are no signs of overheating or poor connections. I have 2 of these machine and both had similar failures when under warrant and since repairs have not drilled 50 x 24mm dia holes (Cavity Wall inspections). These machines cost over €700 each and I suspect its a simple and known problem with this model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

It could be the switch... If there isnt a "bad" smell or sparks thats a good sign as its not the armiture which are generally costly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I would think it would be an unlikly problem. I have been using their tool for year and find them bullet proof.

Get a complete replacement and complain to Hitachi directly(not with the shop)

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I would think it would be an unlikly problem. I have been using their tool for year and find them bullet proof.

Get a complete replacement and complain to Hitachi directly(not with the shop)

Hi gsxr1. I suspect from your comments that you are referring to Hitachi and that do not have a DH25DAL. As I have already stated, I have 2 and I find them a most imbalanced or out of proportion tool. I use it for cavity wall inspections and I find the torque setting too low for 24mm dia and the tool too heavy for smaller sizes. I have complained to Hitachi, but was given the out of warranty and I am definitely not sending it back to them to repair and charge me for something I suspect is within the electronic circuit and not very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

24MM is a big bit for a cordless drill ,maybe the shaking is damaging the batteries ?

FYI ,I use a hilti TE55 for any holes bigger than 15MM.

EDIT: Just checked the specs and 26MM is the maximum diameter for concrete ,personally I wouldn't be aiming for max all the time with a drill.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    24MM is a big bit for a cordless drill ,maybe the shaking is damaging the batteries ?

FYI ,I use a hilti TE55 for any holes bigger than 15MM.

EDIT: Just checked the specs and 26MM is the maximum diameter for concrete ,personally I wouldn't be aiming for max all the time with a drill.

Hi yoshytoshy. I honestly dont think the problem has anything to do with drilling about 50 holes x 24mm dia through 100mm concrete block

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

rayh wrote: »
    Hi yoshytoshy. I honestly dont think the problem has anything to do with drilling about 50 holes x 24mm dia through 100mm concrete block

I was only guessing at it ,if you have time you should go into donnellys in glasnevin industrial estate and check out their 28V lithium tools.Ask them to show you the drills powered up.

They have a drill similar to your hitachi ,I find the torque is on par with a good power drill.
    All my power tools are still working ,but when they fail I'll be buying all the milwaukee stuff.

Advertisement