Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America's fast food obsession

• 14-08-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

fastfoody.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Some of the numbers seem a bit off. Average daily calorie intake of America on the podium graphic is 3760 but then on the caloric intake time line it's 2,618.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

i'm hungry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm surprised taco bell & subway have more outlets than mcdonalds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

rubadub wrote: »
    I'm surprised taco bell & subway have more outlets than mcdonalds.

Subway has a lot of outlets that are just added onto the side of shops and I'm pretty sure that taco bell number is in fact the Yum! brands total number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum!

They own taco bell, KFC and pizza hut.
    Based in Louisville, Kentucky, it is the world's largest fast food restaurant company in terms of system units—over 36,000 restaurants around the world in more than 110 countries and territories.[3] In 2008, Yum!'s global sales totaled more than US$11 billion.

I'm also pretty sure McDonals are very strict at avoiding McDonalds restaurants competing with other McDonalds restaurants so you will only have 2 McDonals close to each if the population is large enough. Subway and Starbucks seem to be a lot more relaxed when it comes to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Some of the numbers seem a bit off. Average daily calorie intake of America on the podium graphic is 3760 but then on the caloric intake time line it's 2,618.

Not 100% but it might be because the calorie intake it only goes to 2000 while the other one might go to 2008? Would be a big increase in 8 years though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OP, can you please post a direct link for this, download seems too big, will either not display properly or not at all for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you click quote on his post it will appear,

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/817/fastfoody.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Wish we had Taco Bell in Ireland :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Wish we had Taco Bell in Ireland :(

Only found a Taco Bell on my last day the last time I was in America,I was kinda upset when i was gettin on the plane! that place is dee-lish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Taco bell is shít. Look for crappy looking fast food places in Latino areas for the better stuff. El cotixan in Mira Mesa, SD was sex in the mouth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement