Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Metal!!!

Options
  • 11-02-2001 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

So are any of you philistines into the powerful and mighty form of music known as black Metal? You have talked of Metallica but not of their more extreme descendants.

Thus I ask, are any of you aware of speedy, classically influnced and musically rich bands such as In the woods, Satyricon, Emperor, Arcturus, Abigor and suchlike?

Seems that this board is in danger of becoming a little inert and - dare I say it - slightly moribund to the degree of having little or no interest in the unknown realms of underground cultures such as that of which I speak.

Could Ireland really be so short sighted, or is this board a contrived example of the brand of discussion enacted by my countrymen?

One can only attempt to engender a discussion transcending the norn...one can only attempt!!!!!

Stay EVIL!

mess with me and you will be destroyed. HAIL SATAN!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

so are u yet another one of these guys who wont post under their original names? anyway thats really irrelevant, but all i can say is being underground is fine,but being tuneless and ****e is not.

prop6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

that sounded very grumpy. sorry, i just dont get metal.

prop6.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"musically rich" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

ahhh another true metalhead....u have mentioned some truely incredible bands there...Emperor (guess where i got my nick..."i am the black wizards" ring a bell smile.gif), Satyricon...i guess that answers ur question...i'm also into Immortal, CoF, Dimmu Borgir, DarkThrone, Old Mans child etc etc...the list goes on.....im afraid that we may b alone on these here boards...i canne seem 2 find any1 else here dats into black metal...

bow 2 the lord of darkness and then have some tea and buiscuts smile.gif....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's a lie Jimmy - I saw your CD collection - it wasn't "Old Mans Child", it was Destiny's Child!!!

wink.gif

How was the birthday by the way?

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Advertisement

ahh curly dav how goes it...the b-day was kewl...t'was good 2 c markus horatius and d again...t'was a damn pitty urself and eamo could'nt make it...we'll have 2 meet up in the bar some w-end cause mild anarchy and the like...oh yeah b4 i forget will u drop me a line with ur new email address etc....

* redface.gif jimmy blushes @ his little destinys child secret *

long live the beefy king wink.gif

return of the FLOPPY MONSTER...rrraaaaarrrrrr

[This message has been edited by black_wizardd (edited 12-02-2001).]

mercyful fate were an excellent band...have'nt heard alot of good stuff about king diamond...his stuff is'nt supposed to b great....ah well enjoy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mhmmmm, I've never really bothered trying to classify the metal I listen to down into sub-categories... I've got a whole pile of it, ranging from old 70s stuff to very recent recordings (although modern metal is generally sh!te imo, Slipknot ffs frown.gif ) although I have to admit that the only band from your list that I recognise is Emperor smile.gif

I do find that a lot of metal bands who get into the whole seriously dark imagery action are, er, rubbish. They spend too long putting on make up and whatnot to actually write or perform any good music, imo smile.gif I far prefer music that falls just outside that remit - Machine Head, Pitchshifter, OMS and the likes. That said, I'm being dragged along to see a King Diamond (lead singer for Mercyful Fate years back) gig in march...

Advertisement