Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longridge Rangefinder

Options
  • 14-08-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

Just thought i'd start a new thread on this model.

As some of you know I was looking for a Rangefinder as I didnt trust my own guesswork when out in the field.
    I found this model the Longridge 400 to be among the cheapest http://www.amazon.co.uk/Longridge-GADFL1-Laser-Distance-Finder/dp/B000UTOHBE

I didnt want to spend a whole lot of money as I dont need to range big distances. I got this delivered for about 100 Stg from Amazon in 2 days.

I'm fairly impressed with it so far. It comes with its own case and a cloth for wiping the lense. I have ranged the field behind my house and it worked perfectly, with myself and my dad having a guess to see who would be the closest to the actual reading. ( I lost ! )
    Its MAX range is stated at 400m, I'd say it slightly under that but for anyone who owns a rifle and wants to know exactly what range they are zeroing their scope at or how far a target is away from them before taking the shot, I can recommend this.
    If for nothing else it is handy for getting to know the length and width of your local fields before going shooting on them to allow you to judge distance a bit better when hunting.

Mac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

mac80 wrote: »
    Just thought i'd start a new thread on this model.

As some of you know I was looking for a Rangefinder as I didnt trust my own guesswork when out in the field.
    I found this model the Longridge 400 to be among the cheapest http://www.amazon.co.uk/Longridge-GADFL1-Laser-Distance-Finder/dp/B000UTOHBE

I didnt want to spend a whole lot of money as I dont need to range big distances. I got this delivered for about 100 Stg from Amazon in 2 days.

I'm fairly impressed with it so far. It comes with its own case and a cloth for wiping the lense. I have ranged the field behind my house and it worked perfectly, with myself and my dad having a guess to see who would be the closest to the actual reading. ( I lost ! )
    Its MAX range is stated at 400m, I'd say it slightly under that but for anyone who owns a rifle and wants to know exactly what range they are zeroing their scope at or how far a target is away from them before taking the shot, I can recommend this.
    If for nothing else it is handy for getting to know the length and width of your local fields before going shooting on them to allow you to judge distance a bit better when hunting.

Mac

Thats it in a Nut shell
    I have all my local stomping grounds measured, the more you use the range finder, like a GPS in your car the less you will need it.

i generally only use one these days for over 300 as the bullet drop on my .308 & .223 are considerable after that. So I need to be confident wheat i am shooting at is at a given range.

Happy Hunting.
    I personally do think a range finder was really beneficial to improving my shooting; hopefully it will do the same for you too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Cheers Tac !

Advertisement