Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Meath St.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cosmic wrote: »
    You're not too far from the War Memorial Gardens either which really are beautiful.

Forgot about there, can't beat a walk down the path along the Liffey on a lovely sunny day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i used to go the grounds of st. patricks a lot and stephens green is only around the corner

talla10 wrote: »
    i wouldnt go anywhere near meath st!!!people gettin mugged daily, drug gangs selling their **** on the street, junkies hanging around the area looking for a fix!!

its defo not a good area to rent and if your from the country there are much better places to rent for same price as id imagine meath st is expensive to rent being so close to city centre but keep looking would be my advice!

You're talking sh1t there. Can't remember the last mugging in the area never mind Meath Street. Drugs on sale all over the city. Junkies too. There is even a thread about it here.

candy19 wrote: »
    Hi all,

OP here! I walked around the area yesterday evening, myself and the other girl found it quite nice. Sure we'll miss going to the park but everything is on our doorstep and is accessible to us which is what we need.

Like everyone is aware of what goes on where, I wouldn't say that anywhere in Dublin is better or worse than the next place!

We have three days left to decide, and we're going in the direction of moving into the place.

Paddy's park 10 minutes. Stephens Green 20 mins. Iveagh Gardens 20mins. Phoenix park 20mins. War Memorial 25 mins. Grounds of the modern art museum 15mins.

Meath Street is a great place with some decent pubs and more shops than you'll ever need. You have an Aldi or Lidl and tesco express on thomas street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

The above is why I want to move there, convenience and plenty of things to see and do. I think it'll be pretty cool tbh and have friends and stuff nearby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Well you sound convinced already but to add to the pluses, there's also the organic food market in Newmarket Square which doubles as a furniture/craft fair at the weekends, Francis St which is a great place to spend an hour browsing the shops and galleries, Fallon's pub, The Thomas House and Vicar St and not forgetting the best range of Southern Asian and Middle-Eastern takeaways in the city.
    Just try to find a place in the next couple of weeks before the colleges and universities are back so you'll have the best choice of accomodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Just adding to the thumbs up

Advertisement