Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audio Noir

• 14-08-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

Something a little bit different.

Like old film noir classics? Hardboiled detectives stories of the past?

Found a site that is streaming a loop of over 720 hours worth of old noir detective/mystery radio dramas from the 40s/50s.

http://audionoir.com/

I love this retro stuff. Very cliched but some of the writing is damn cool. :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have added that to my internet radio favourites, will give it a go. Some of the links in here my interest you. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65914005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

maquiladora, could you give a guide as to what are the best or most accessible episodes? I used to love the old hancock 50s/60s radio sketches (written by Galton and Simpson of Steptoe fame). I have the whole lot on MP3, unfortunately some are bad quality.. but some are very funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The volume levels seem quite variable on these oldie/archive type stations compared to the BBC et al, probably because the original recordings aren't always crisp, not sure. Slightly annoying if you're going between stations and don't want to make too much noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

maquiladora, could you give a guide as to what are the best or most accessible episodes? I used to love the old hancock 50s/60s radio sketches (written by Galton and Simpson of Steptoe fame). I have the whole lot on MP3, unfortunately some are bad quality.. but some are very funny.

Not comedy - well, not intentionally funny, but I've really enjoyed listening to the "Johnny Dollar" eps. He's a crime-fighting insurance investigator who narrates each show as a guide to his expense accounts - ahh what innocent times!

Advertisement