Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hang/freeze on Nero,Google earth install

• 14-08-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,
    My PC hangs when I try to install for example google earth or NERO.
    I am running WIN7 and everything else works fine and I'm quite happy with it in general.
    when I install google earth 5.2 for example it does everything to the point of extracting the files from the package,the green bar on installing goes up little by little,reaches the end and then hangs.The window is still open but it is doing a green version of KITTS red light(Knight rider,Hope you understand what I mean!!) for hours and hours,ARGHHHHH.
    With nero it does the extracting files thing and when they have been extracted disappears,END OF STORY,without installing anything.
    It smells like a virus to me but countless panda scans and win defender scans say the pc is clean as a whistle.WHATS WRONG????????
    Any ideas,what can I do?

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

is uac on or off,in other words might there be a window open behind nero setup waiting for a input?

Advertisement