Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what pro cyclist are you?

• 14-08-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

using the current crop of pro cyclists as a base, which cyclist do you feel reflects the type or style of rider you believe yourself to be?

i'll get the ball rolling by comparing myself to the style and gritiness of cadel evans.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm Lance Armstrong: no class.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Joaquim Rodriguez: Bit of a kick uphill but nothing sustainable like the great climbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Wim Vansevenant. No question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

On recent form, Adriano Malori.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Armstrong for me. Too old, can't climb any more, can't sprint, can't time trial. More interested in having the prettiest bike in the peleton these days but could be a contender if someone stuffed me full of drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would consider myself a Team GB hybrid - the sprinter that is Wiggins, Cavendish for his climbing ability, the endurance of Hoy, and Pendleton for sheer good looks:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭buzzingnoise

Jens Voigt : tall, classy, doesn't win much but crashes loads!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Eros Poli.

When asked what he'd like his epitaph to be, he said "Here lies Eros Poli, famous for being tall and coming last in the Giro d'Italia".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Jens Voigt : tall, classy, doesn't win much but crashes loads!

Jens Voight eh! That's a big claim.

I'll give it to you if your small chain ring is 53t and your cassette is 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 12 though.

Are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Kenny Van Hummell apparently the worst climbing ability ever seen in the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

maxime bouet cos his name was painted all over the road on the climb i was on today (actuaaly not really i'm too fat to be like any pro)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

sean kelly . might be getting on a bit , but will take your head off if you cut me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Gadret as the only way i can win out on a climb is when the others have mechanical and i laugh and cycle on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

im david moncutie il attack at most random times, then die .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am Cav ... can't climb but I have a sprint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Juan Mauricio Soler. (minus climbing skills)
    Too tall to ever look the part, rubbish bike handling skills and currently have a knee injury...:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Schleck, not due to form but I have a habit of "Schlecking" my chain at the most inopportune moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

For me it has to be..........Alberto Contador.
    Capable of climbing well with the ability to attack many times. Deceptively quick on the flat for such a lean guy. 'Loves' brand new unknown descents with tricky corners.:rolleyes:

Now remind me, what was the premise of this thread?

Advertisement