Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

doctors available to sign medical card app.

• 14-08-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all

Straight forward question. Does anyone know a doctor that will accept my form/application for a medical card? Im living near citywest and no doctors here or in surrounding areas tallaght etc. "are accepting medical card applications at the moment" they refer me to others but its always the same answer.

Anyone ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Have to say I had no idea Doctors could refuse! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Have to say I had no idea Doctors could refuse! :(

There is a limit to how many patients they can have on their panel...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my fecking doctor doesnt take them either - apparently they are a private clinic:confused:

so i am completely screwed, none of other doctors in my area are taking on new patients either :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

It could happen that a doctor would be unwilling to take on a new patient. (For example, if he or she already has too many patients. In general, doctors are not supposed to have more than 2,000 GMS patients). If you are unable to find a doctor who is willing to take you on as a patient and have had three GPs refuse you service, the HSE will assign you to a doctor.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qJ1O2TYjQ_oJ:www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/health/gp-services/gp-services-to-medical-card-holders+doctors+refusing+medical+card+patients&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chosen_one

Interesing, as I bought this to the attention of the hse / eastern health board and they firstly posted me a list of doctors numbers (who all refused) then afterwards the health centre told me that I would have to look further away than dublin!

Ill see now if i can pressure them to assign me one

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Balagan wrote: »
    It could happen that a doctor would be unwilling to take on a new patient. (For example, if he or she already has too many patients. In general, doctors are not supposed to have more than 2,000 GMS patients). If you are unable to find a doctor who is willing to take you on as a patient and have had three GPs refuse you service, the HSE will assign you to a doctor.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qJ1O2TYjQ_oJ:www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/health/gp-services/gp-services-to-medical-card-holders+doctors+refusing+medical+card+patients&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

I telephoned 25 doctors in my area, they woudlnt even let me register a paying patient :mad:

i would be really scared where they would send me to - as it stands, it 2 buses to my currently doctor about an hour and a bit travel.

i guess i just have to suck it up and pay out the €65 anytime i need to see a doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 randombloke

Chosen One,

I am aware that there is a new full service GP Practice opening in about 2 weeks in the Citywest area. They will be able to sign on patients with medical cards, doctor visit cards, private patients, baby vaccinations and maternity care. Keep an eye out for flyers in your letterbox and signage. It will be located at the rear of the TLC nursing home over the luas tracks on fortunestown lane. There will be a male and a female doctor. I will post more details when I have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

If this is any help, a friend of mine got a doctor to sign his med card form 2 weeks ago. He also called more than 15 GP's just to find out they can't accept him.

Eventually, he got his form signed in Aylesbury Clinic in Aylesbury Shopping Centre in Tallaght. Received his brand new med card just few days ago.

That's their phone number if anyone wants to give it a go, (01) 452 1907.

Advertisement