Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falling in love/infatuation

Options
  • 15-08-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey! I'm just looking for some advice with regards a relationship/friendship I have with this guy, who's a year younger than me. I'm 21. I came out to myself at the start of the year and I'm out to a small few friends now. I met this guy who I really really liked, we messed around and texted loads. But we never got serious because he thought I was into another guy who I had been with. But he was totally wrong. I was completely infatuated with HIM and still am. He is the 1st person I've ever cared about. He then got a boyfriend and we decided we would just be friends. From then on we've been very good friends, hanging out and texting a lot. He's told me a lot of private stuff too. But if I'm honest, I was completely jealous that I couldn't have him. Anyway he split with his boyfriend and so I told him I was still into him. His response was he wants to be friends. I said ya. So now we still hang out and text. Then last week we fooled around. So basically I have totally fallen for him and I'm unsure what to do. It''s hard not being able to 'be' with him and I'd probably be jealous again if he got a new boyfriend. While I love being friends with him (he is awesome and he's my only gay friend too) I think it might help if we slowed down our friendship, as it might help stop thinking about him. Or should I go on as we are? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ask him what we wants and to be honest with you?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You should go out and find someone else.

Advertisement