Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the first cake you made by yourself?

Options
  • 15-08-2010 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

What was the first cake you made by yourself?
    Myne was a coconut cake when I was 12!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Can't remember but I would say it was a sponge cake, first cake I was properly proud of and would admit to making was a chocolate orange cake just a couple of years ago.
    Edited to add just remembered think the first proper cake was a Xmas cake, spent a fortune on ingredients (was about 13/14 yrs old) made a massive fruit cake, made the marzipan for it and icing and it ended up rock hard and horrible so ate the icing off it and the wild birds ended up very happy with the whole cake to themselves, took them ages to get through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I was brought to a demonstration held by the ICA by an Odlums rep in the local hall when I was about 11. The following weekend I made the Chocolate and Mandarin Layer Cake she made for it. I wish to God I could find the old books I had from the demo but they dissapeared years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

a creampie. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

tom thum - Cop on. Troll here again & you will be banned.

HB

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The first cake I made was a mederia sponge at school, it was delish! I tried to recreate it at home but my mum only had cookeen (!) it was pure gick. No cream either so just jam. That and the cake stuck to the sandwich tins so there were more chunks missing than the sieved icing sugar could cover! :D

I made the Christmas Cake that year too, spent all my money from my part time job on dried fruit and nuts. It was grand but pretty much a standard one (I'm far more adventurous these days)

• Advertisement
Advertisement