Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What and where are the private fourms?

Options
  • 15-08-2010 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

What is the '#O o' forum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

They are hidden and private and mysterious..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Is that all I get?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What more do you want that isn't private about the forum?

Hi Gordon

My questions are,

What? What do they relate to, what do you have to do to be a member of these fourms, other than be a paying subscriber? Is it like 'skull and bones' you get a tap on the shoulder and are asked if you want to join?

Where? where are they located on the site? Where do you seek to join?

And what is the '#O o' fourm?

I dont mean to be impertinent just wondrering.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Admission to many private forums is by invitation only. You don't find them, they find you. There are a small number of exceptions, and for these you just PM a mod of the forum requesting access or follow a particular process, like with the Soccer forum. There are only a couple of forums I can think of where being a subscriber is a pre-requisite for membership.

As for the #O o forum, it's a private forum that I'm not a member of, so I have no idea what it's all about. Unless Gordon is a member he wouldn't know either.

• Advertisement

Thanks man

How do you set up a private forum?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just PM some admins with the details of what it's for and what you want to call it, and as long as it's nothing that could get Boards into trouble you should get your forum pretty quickly.

Thanks Zapf

Advertisement