Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand query

Options
  • 15-08-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi, on hardwareversand at the end of a build request there is the option for Windows XP Activation (Windows XP-Aktivierung), any idea what that is, is it an xp install? its only €13

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

I believe they get on the phone/online and activate the copy of windows you bought so you don't have to waste time with it when you receive the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not sure what it is, maybe they contact M$ and pair the copy of Windows with the other hardware You bought. You're not supposed to buy an OEM copy of Windows without some other hardware, I've read of people getting around this by buying a single sata cable. They don't install it as Software Install is listed as a service they offer and charge 35 quid for

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭newirishshogun

Thanks lads that makes sense, it was bugging the crap outta me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hey lads im thinking of buying from these guys as opposed to pixmania.ie would ye recommend them? ive heard they use a bank transfer instead of a credit card is this easy to do or is it a pain in the arse? il be spending a good bit of money on my new pc so im just wondering are they a reliable company that are easy to use?

Very reliable, have used them several times. The first purchase from them will mean a trip to the bank and wait a few days for payment to go through. they'll process Your order as soon as cash has transfered. A slight problem I encountered is that the gpu was in stock when I ordered, but 5 days later (waiting for cash to transfer) they were out of stock and I had to wait for them to be in stock again, they did ship the rest of my order, just without the gpu which followed a few days later

I've now got them added to my account as a third party transfer and can one click pay, orders are then shipped the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

thanks so they are a good company then :) savings are great from them il be saving around €200 compared to pixmania

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

How do you find 'Build Request' on their site? I must be blind!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

Donne wrote: »
    How do you find 'Build Request' on their site? I must be blind!

Nevermind found it under "PC Configurator".

Donne wrote: »
    Nevermind found it under "PC Configurator".

I had to search a while for that onew too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hi im gonna order from them on friday but just to clarify, at the end of the order they will give you details on to transfer them the money? And you have to physically go to the bank and fill out a form.... ?

Thanks,
    CC

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »
    Hi im gonna order from them on friday but just to clarify, at the end of the order they will give you details on to transfer them the money? And you have to physically go to the bank and fill out a form.... ?

Thanks,
    CC

The bank clerk fills this out, You'll have to go to customer service. Hardwareversand.de will give You a BIC and IBAN which is all You need

Thanks,
    CC

Yeah thats it, straightforward enough its 12 euro for a transfer tho!

What, European law says its free:
    BIC + IBAN is often the cheapest way to transfer money internationally and is now free of charge* in much of Europe under EU/EEA directive 2560/2001. BIC + IBAN international bank transfers are faster, more efficient, and low-cost as they are sent directly through the SWIFT interbank network without using intermediary banks (who deduct charges or fees for their service). IBAN will be progressively introduced in most OECD countries to allow Straight Through Processing of cross border payments.
    * For amounts up to €50,000 under EU regulation 2560/2001 within the 15 EU Member States and EEA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
    http://auctionfeecalculator.com/iban_transfers.html
    Regulation (EC) No 924/2009 on cross-border payments in the Community eliminates the differences in charges for cross-border and national payments in euro. It applies to payments in euro, up to the value of EUR 50 000, in all EU Member States. The basic principle is that the charges for payment transactions offered by a payment service provider (e.g. your bank) have to be the same whether the payment is national or cross-border.

The Regulation applies to all electronically processed payments, including credit transfers, direct debits, cash withdrawals at cash dispensers (ATMs), payments by means of debit and credit cards, and money remittance.

Some conditions may apply depending on the type of a payment transaction. For example, for credit transfers and direct debits, the use of IBAN and BIC when ordering the payment, is obligatory.
    http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/payments/crossborder/index_en.htm

My bank didn't charge me for mine, I've it setup on my account and can now do it anytime online. I'm with Permanent TSB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

:eek:

Who are you banking with? Hopefully soon-to-be-not-banking-with, the cheating feckers! :D:p

Great thanks guys, is their any way I could speed up the process, say by ordering tonight and having the bank details ready for the x-fer on Friday ?

Great thanks guys, is their any way I could speed up the process, say by ordering tonight and having the bank details ready for the x-fer on Friday ?

Nope, it'll take a few days first time, after that the next transactions are instant

Ah right, I might add their details to my online banking so I can x-fer money easily.

Solitaire wrote: »
    :eek:

Who are you banking with? Hopefully soon-to-be-not-banking-with, the cheating feckers! :D:p

****!! Bank of Ireland, been paying €12 for yonks! gonna have another look at my statements and have a word, another reason to hate frackin bankers

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The bank clerk fills this out, You'll have to go to customer service. Hardwareversand.de will give You a BIC and IBAN which is all You need

Are you sure?
    I just did via online banking with AIB, didn't have to call in

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

hey brav,

tell me more ,as im close to purchasing a rig & need more info on payment side of things with them ,im with BOI have have 365online

cheers:)

• Advertisement

CullyA wrote: »
    tell me more ,as im close to purchasing a rig & need more info on payment side of things with them ,im with BOI have have 365online
    You can find the account setup details for BOI 365 in this post.

I've done the same, just one observation, when you get to this line:
    Beneficiary Address 2 Registergericht Arnsberg, HRB 5956, 59821 Arnsberg
    it won't fit in the field in the online form, so what I did was I just dropped the first two words, so the field looks like this:
    HRB 5956, 59821 Arnsberg
    It still works, see below. I do believe though that it doesn't really matter, as BOI should just need the IBAN number, that's what it's invented for! :rolleyes:

Once you filled everything out you'll have to wait for their confirmation letter in the post with the account activation code, for me it arrived on the 4th working day. Then you go back to 365 and activate it, and you can transfer money immediately. I sent the money at 1am on Monday and hwvs confirmed the payment 4pm Tuesday. Goods dispatched the same day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

thanks romperstomper & BeciMester,

that worked a treat :D:)
    now all i need is my RMA from OCUK refunded & im in action ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Very reliable, have used them several times. The first purchase from them will mean a trip to the bank and wait a few days for payment to go through. they'll process Your order as soon as cash has transfered. A slight problem I encountered is that the gpu was in stock when I ordered, but 5 days later (waiting for cash to transfer) they were out of stock and I had to wait for them to be in stock again, they did ship the rest of my order, just without the gpu which followed a few days later

I've now got them added to my account as a third party transfer and can one click pay, orders are then shipped the next day.
    I ordered through PayPal from them (my first ever order from them) a few days ago. Will that mean a trip to the bank for me? Because it says the order has been confirmed by PayPal and they've taken the money out of my account but I can't seem to find an ETA of the delivery on their site...

Paypal! wheres the paypal option!?!?!

Had to go to the bank and fill out the form with their IBAN etc...then they have to send it to my branch then it can be processed. So a tip would be to do the transfer from the branch your account is set up, to save time...

Only thing im worried about is how are they going to know I paid them, will they compare my name with my order or the purchace ammount ?

CC

I think they match order numbers :)

And PayPal?!?!??!?! :eek::confused::eek:

Solitaire wrote: »
    I think they match order numbers :)

And PayPal?!?!??!?! :eek::confused::eek:

Cost me €25 extra though (3% of total price). I also payed €20 for a so-called "pixel-test to be carried out on my monitor before shipping. I regret doing it (it's supposed to work perfectly before shipping anyway, and if it doesn't I shouldn't have to pay for it, oh well).

And to answer your question, yes, PayPal :)

Edit: Any way of finding out the ETA of my order?? Thanks

No way. They use DHL but not the express service (which they goddamn should for €30), it's normal ground shipping. Just spoke to DHL Ireland today, they said An Post will deliver to my house, so it looks like DHL hands it over to them when it's in the country. You can track the shipment on dhl.de with hwvs' tracking number though.

Nowadays most places charge nearly as much to ship smaller items a shorter distance :mad: HWVS aren't even that bad anymore, comparatively speaking! :o

BeciMester wrote: »
    No way. They use DHL but not the express service (which they goddamn should for €30), it's normal ground shipping. Just spoke to DHL Ireland today, they said An Post will deliver to my house, so it looks like DHL hands it over to them when it's in the country. You can track the shipment on dhl.de with hwvs' tracking number though.

Because DHL don't operate in this country anymore

• Advertisement

BeciMester wrote: »

Thank you.

Advertisement