Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand query

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Solitaire wrote: »
    I think they match order numbers :)

And PayPal?!?!??!?! :eek::confused::eek:

Mmmm in the "details of payment" part on the money transfer form I put my name rather than the order number.... hopefully it will be ok, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

CullyA wrote: »
    hey brav,

tell me more ,as im close to purchasing a rig & need more info on payment side of things with them ,im with BOI have have 365online

cheers:)
    Sorry for late reply

I have AIB and BOI online accounts

With AIB you use a code card to verify the process thats it, with BOI they send you a letter in the post with confirmation code

I find AIB online banking a bit easier and more flexible than BOI, but I have also seen better online banking solutions from other banks(like ANZ etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

brav wrote: »
    Sorry for late reply

With AIB you use a code card to verify the process thats it, with BOI they send you a letter in the post with confirmation code

I find AIB online banking a bit easier and more flexible than BOI, but I have also seen better online banking solutions from other banks(like ANZ etc)

cheers brav ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TVMANIAC2

brav wrote: »
    Sorry for late reply

Might be buying some stuff from HWVS in the coming days.

Brav, are you saying this can be setup with minimal hassle through AIB's online banking system, as opposed to going to the bank to arrange transfer? Does this reduce the waiting time for payments to process at HWVS's end?

I've never shopped from them before! How do they deal with RMAs?

Cheers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Well if you walk into your branch and transfer from there it'll surely take 4-5 working days just for the money to go through. I did it online @1am on a Monday, got the email that they received the money ~4pm Tuesday, stuff showed up at my door 9am the next Monday. Didn't need an RMA yet thankfully but I remember reading that they're pretty effective.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TVMANIAC2

BeciMester wrote: »
    Well if you walk into your branch and transfer from there it'll surely take 4-5 working days just for the money to go through. I did it online @1am on a Monday, got the email that they received the money ~4pm Tuesday, stuff showed up at my door 9am the next Monday. Didn't need an RMA yet thankfully but I remember reading that they're pretty effective.

Cheers BeciMaster. Are all the details the same as for a BOI transfer? As in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57287806&postcount=5 ?

Thanks ...

Yeah they should be the same, except I think you won't need everything, someone mentioned here that AIB online just needs the IBAN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chuck Finlay

BeciMester wrote: »
    No way. They use DHL but not the express service (which they goddamn should for €30),

screenshotcas.th.png

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Also, a 10kg package to Ireland is 21€, so any order with a case or a screen and they are practically losing money :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yup :D People really don't get how much couriers charge, as I've said before HWVS' shipping charges are practically a bargain nowadays :o A very simple build from Pix is gonna set you back ~€27 anyways, add a monitor or something and HWVS is cheaper! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Just about to click submit for my new pc on hwvs.de

Could anyone recommend me a solid psu(cheaper the better) for a i5-760 gtx460 build

Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

nuxxx wrote: »
    Just about to click submit for my new pc on hwvs.de

Could anyone recommend me a solid psu(cheaper the better) for a i5-760 gtx460 build

Thanks..

Any of the Corsairs over 600w, depends on Your budget. Nice and silent too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chuck Finlay

Some prefered ones are currently not available on hwvs, however pricewise good bets are the Cougar A450 for normal, and the Cooler Master Silent Pro 500 for modular use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

What do dhl do if they show up at my house and I'm not there? Also, I got an e-mail from HWVS saying that the package should have reached me by now and it hasn't... :confused:

(Don't wanna butt in on a conversation, but since people are discussing HWVS's qualities, it seemed appropriate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Gumbi wrote: »
    What do dhl do if they show up at my house and I'm not there? Also, I got an e-mail from HWVS saying that the package should have reached me by now and it hasn't... :confused:

(Don't wanna butt in on a conversation, but since people are discussing HWVS's qualities, it seemed appropriate).

DHL don't operate here anymore, its in the hands of An Post. If You're not at home You'll get a leaflet telling You to collect it at the PO

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    DHL don't operate here anymore, its in the hands of An Post. If You're not at home You'll get a leaflet telling You to collect it at the PO

OK, that's strange though, as I saw a DHL lorry on my way home today and (having never seen one here before) got a bit excited :D But I didn't get it today :( Oh well, hopefully An Post are up to the job, I did order last wednesday...

Thanks for the reply.

OK, that's strange though, as I saw a DHL lorry on my way home today and (having never seen one here before) got a bit excited :D But I didn't get it today :( Oh well, hopefully An Post are up to the job, I did order last wednesday...

Thanks for the reply.

I ordered my new pc there 5 mins ago and payed by bank transfer

I`ll let ya know when i get it, how long r u waiting?

I ordered my new pc there 5 mins ago and payed by bank transfer

I`ll let ya know when i get it, how long r u waiting?

Cool, thanks. I payed with PayPal and the money went through within a day - anyway, I ordered last Wednesday night, and I'm waiting on it presently.

Cool, thanks. I payed with PayPal and the money went through within a day - anyway, I ordered last Wednesday night, and I'm waiting on it presently.

Shouldnt take a week should it?

I sent it via bank transfer and had it setup to go through instantly

If the items are shipped tomorrow i`d be expecting to have it monday

Shouldnt take a week should it?

I sent it via bank transfer and had it setup to go through instantly

If the items are shipped tomorrow i`d be expecting to have it monday

It took exactly a week for me. Ordered and paid w/online bank transfer Monday morning, they received payment on Tuesday afternoon (that's when the confirmation appeared on hwvs' Order History page, also got email), they shipped the same evening, An Post handed me the package the next Monday 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I've just made an order through paypal too, how do you know when it's "gone through"?

Anyway, let us know how you get on with your order.

• Advertisement

el dude wrote: »
    I've just made an order through paypal too, how do you know when it's "gone through"?

Anyway, let us know how you get on with your order.

I got it today, DHL delivered it early in the morning. So far everything seems in order, but I'll see over the weekend when I put it together. I thought my case had 4 USB ports, but instead it has 2, which is not going to be enough for a mouse keyboard and Internet wireless stick :( Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy a USB 5in1 adaptor on Amazon.

On the other hand the monitor is sweeeeet. :D

Nice one. Fingers crossed i get mine in time for next weekend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

instead it has 2, which is not going to be enough for a mouse keyboard and Internet wireless stick :( Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy a USB 5in1 adaptor on Amazon.

Just stick the wifi stick in the back! :p

Unless its one of those horrid USB modems for 3 or Meteor... :eek::o

ordered my pc there a few days ago, hasent been shipped yet

sent a couple of emails asking if they knew how long it would be, but no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

you can log onto the site and check under "my profile" "order history" and it will give you details on the status. They took 2 days to reply to my email.

CC

CombatCow wrote: »
    you can log onto the site and check under "my profile" "order history" and it will give you details on the status. They took 2 days to reply to my email.

CC

Ye checked it mate. Says "online-order"

I know for a fact the money went through instantly.

Im just being a bit pushy/impatient i guess

Solitaire wrote: »
    Just stick the wifi stick in the back! :p

Unless its one of those horrid USB modems for 3 or Meteor... :eek::o

Are you sure there's a USB port in the back? (And don't worry it's a wireless card, God knows I wouldn't get 15mb down speed through 3 or meteor :p )

Edit: Excuse my idiocy, 4 others in the case. Putting it together tomorrow. :)

Well i only ordered last night, through paypal, and it's already been shipped. Well pleased with that.

Shipping 2nite, gj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

Not happy at all with this place :(

1st they advertise the i5 dual core processor (650) as a QUAD core!
    2nd I send them emails to change my order to the 760 and Im still waiting for a reply a week later .

Their customer service phone number is like some kind of encrypted message trying to get through.

I logged a paypal dispute over the payment (at least you get something for the 3%!) cus im just not happy with the site as a whole. With so many other reputable websites out there selling I.T hardware Im not gonna tolerate this B.S for the sake of savin a tenner !

Advertisement