Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

search is over i found her

Options
  • 15-08-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hey guys, well after a long emotional rollercoaster i found her, well i didnt i had a help from a special friend who found her within 2 weeks!!! Last night i saw phtotgraphs and i saw my real birthcert and found out about her family, My BM is soo excited to meet me, which is comforting to know. She has been lied through by the agency and so have i, them saying neither one of us wanted contact to each other, lies after lies . im meeting her next sunday its so weird!! Any advise would be greatly appreciated as i am shaking like a leaf!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

the very best of luck. I am afraid I have no advice to offer other than to be yourself, but I will be thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NGibbler

sarahlulu wrote: »
    the very best of luck. I am afraid I have no advice to offer other than to be yourself, but I will be thinking of you.

Thank you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Thats fantastic! Im not at that stage yet so cant advise you either but its great that you both have eventually found one another. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Dont forget your camera like i did!! No advice to be given, nothing can stop your nerves. Just enjoy the day! Bring some items to talk about, photos, important things from your life etc - any conversation material. Allow for plenty of time, and consider bringing a friend? Also clear take a day off afterwards to recover! Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

thats brilliant news, just be yourself and bring along lots of chilhood pics. don,t bring a friend or family member if u want to meet them after thats ok but give u and your birthmam time together, just be yourself she,ll love u. is,nt it a pity that the powers that be lied to the two of u, please make a complaint to the adoption board about this u might stop this happening to someone else..good luck.kathy

• Advertisement

@ Tyview Thanks a millions :)

@ Efla Never even thought of bringing a camera! good thinking thanks :)

@ Kathy Oh yes i will be making a big complaint to the adoption bord about *the agency involved* and the lies *they* have told me for years. i am going to talk to my bm about the lies she was told to and together we will make a strong case. I hope in doing this i could help someone! It feel so weird Sunday at 11.30 am i am going to meet my BM ahhhhhh :)

Moderator note- name of agency and person removed. Please be careful about identifying individuals (regardless of how much they deserve it.......) S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ma1read

NGibbler - That's fantastic news. I'm delighted and wish you every success with you meeting next week. I'm only starting the tracing process myself. I'm looking for my older brother who was given up for adoption (through St. Patrick's Guild) before my parents married.

ma1read wrote: »
    NGibbler - That's fantastic news. I'm delighted and wish you every success with you meeting next week. I'm only starting the tracing process myself. I'm looking for my older brother who was given up for adoption (through St. Patrick's Guild) before my parents married.

Thanks Ma1read i am so nervous its only monday and i have buttterflies what am i going to be like by sunday HA! I replied back to your post on your trace hope it help in some way!! best of luck!! xxx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thinking of you tomorrow.
    I know you are excited and probably nervous as hell- just remember your Mum probably is too. Be yourself- is probably as good advice as you are going to get. I really hope it goes well for you.

Best wishes,

Shane

Thanks Shane! I am so scared the sleepless nights are killing me I am so scared!! Will post tomorrow and let it know how it all goes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Good luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mammyof2

wishing you the very best of luck, any chance you could pm me the name of the agency?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Hi OP, that's fantastic news for you both and i hope you have a wonderful time when you meet, and build a nice relationship into the future.

May i ask you about the process of tracing? i.e. when did you begin? how you initiated it? when your agency told lies how did you know to continue with the trace? how can you continue with a trace without the agency? i'm curious as i intend to trace in the future.
    why would an agency do such a thing? like what are their motives? its so immoral! personally i'd consider legal action!

anyway good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Hope all goes well for you both, best of luck. Try stay calm and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

Hey there, how did it go? We are all dying to hear.............;)

Hey all,

Sorry i was away on holidays for two weeks, Well to say it was the strangest day of my life is a complete understatment, It was so weird! We met up at 11 am and i didnt leave till 8 pm, and to be honest i cant even remember what we were talking about half the time!! We txt eachother now taking things so slowly.... It was so weird she looked exactly like me and i have so much extended family.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support PM me with any questions..sont want to put too much up here....

Noelle :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jps3

can I ask or can you tell me privately what you meant by "i had a help from a special friend who found her within 2 weeks!"

I have been trying to find my mother's mother and not having much luck.

and delighted for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Hope it all goes well for you, I met my birth mother and she let me down a lot, we have lost contact again, take one day at a time and all the best in the future :) xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 little smurfy

Hi my father has been serching for his birth mother for over 20 years with no luck as of yet!! He has spoke to cumanh many times and the nuns from the mother and babys home in cork just to find all doors are shut !!

So the serch continues i would like to know who your friend is maybe they could help us ??
    Last month we took a trip to dublin to the records and found out her name but dont know where to go from there ! and time is running out as my dad is now 50 !!

hi little smurfy, what have cunamh done to find ur grandmother, i was adopted through cunamh and the only advice i can give u is to keep the pressure up with them, if ur father was born in the sacred heart mother and baby home bessboro cork i would,nt waste my time with them u won,t get anything from them they will just tell u to deal with cunamh.
    your next step would be to find her marraige cert then u can find any children from the marraige take a look at the traceing guides on here they should help.
    another thing you could do is write to the adoption board and complain about cunamh, that can sometimes help them to take u serious.
    hope this helps and good luck in your search...kathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

Well done OP, I hope everything works out for the both of you! It's heart warming to hear of a search being fulfilled so positively! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ModeMadFan

Delighted for you. I too am trying to trace my natural family. My mother's first name is Margaret and she lives in a rural town in the South West of Ireland. I have 3 brothers (2 of them twins) and another sister. Parents got married between 1967 to 1972 ish!

why don,t u take a look at the tracing guides on this page, hopefully they might be able to help u in your search. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ModeMadFan

kathy finn wrote: »
    why don,t u take a look at the tracing guides on this page, hopefully they might be able to help u in your search. good luck

Thanks will do. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement