Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under counter Lighting suggestions

Options
  • 15-08-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Any opinions on what the best to use nowadays, it used to be nothing bit florescent tubes, now their is such a huge range of cfl, led etc its hard to choose. Looking or any ideas or what to get or avoid....

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

personally i'd still go with t4 or t5 flourescent, warm white (830)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

if your buying linear flouresent fittings stick with t5 as the size on the t5 is standard in relation to the wattage. with the t4 the size varys depending on the manufacturer.so if you go for the t4 get plenty of spare lamps or buy a well know brand like robus or eterna.

not too pushed on the led fittings myself because if the bulb goes you have to replace the whole fitting and example would be the led triangular fittings.
    the triangular fitting that takes the gx-53 t2 lamp is a good cfl version and the lamps are changable but exspensive. the light is excellent from them also. we sell all of the above but the most common seller is the standard round fitting that can be flush or surface which takes the 20 watt g4 lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Dardania wrote: »
    personally i'd still go with t4 or t5 flourescent, warm white (830)

+1
    I'd be sticking with the T5 too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thanks for the replies guys, have been thinking about it for the past few days but still haven't decide yet :P

Advertisement