Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Prepay mobile internet add-on offer

Options
  • 15-08-2010 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭

Looks like Vodafone have launched their flavour of free mobile internet add-on for prepay customers. Just leaves O2 now without any sort of decent prepay internet offer!

Top up €20 and get:
    * Free calls & texts to Vodafone mobiles
    * Or free texts to any network

or top up €30 and get:
    * free calls & texts to Vodafone mobiles with free mobile internet (250MB)
    * or free texts to any network with free mobile internet (250MB)

You also get an extra €6 free credit when you top-up €30.

[Link]

Now if only they'd fix their bloody VF Live! access point which blocks a whole rake of apps :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

O2 must eventually catch on. I find the social link app great anyways. Great to have face book and twitter free on the go. Definitely not as good as a pre pay data plan which they should be offering! but better then nothing :P Besides I would still prefer o2's current offer over vodafone's new offer as I don't ever top up 30 euro a month in one go but it's a good offer for people who do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Good to see, but I'd hardly ever used €30 a month credit. Three still have the best pre-pay data IMO: €20/month gets you free any network texts + free weekend calls + 250mb internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Elessar wrote: »
    Good to see, but I'd hardly ever used €30 a month credit. Three still have the best pre-pay data IMO: €20/month gets you free any network texts + free weekend calls + 250mb internet.

I doubt that three's offer is going to last forever. On their website it says the offer ends on November the 3rd. After that I doubt their going to extend it I bet they are just going to replace it with the mediocre offer they had previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Spooky1666 wrote: »
    I doubt that three's offer is going to last forever. On their website it says the offer ends on November the 3rd. After that I doubt their going to extend it I bet they are just going to replace it with the mediocre offer they had previously.

Actually the offer they had previously was much better (1GB internet for a tenner, out of the 20 euro). They always have an offer-end date. And I doubt they'll push out a crap internet offer, 3 always seem to lead the field on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Well if you're moving to Vodafone (keeping your phone) you get 10E credit free for a year when you top up by 20E.

So, you can get free Vodafone calls and texts + the 5GB data add-on for 20E, and still have 10E credit left.

Result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Well if you're moving to Vodafone (keeping your phone) you get 10E credit free for a year when you top up by 20E.

So, you can get free Vodafone calls and texts + the 5GB data add-on for 20E, and still have 10E credit left.

Result!

Where is this 5GB data add-on you speak of? Is that not just a micro sim offer?

Wow they're some nice prices. On meteor bill pay at the moment but would move if I could get cheap internet. If this does work,why doesn't everyone take advantage of it?

• Advertisement

I guess your right, thanks for the info. Looks like i'll be moving to vodafone!

b5a81.png
    Can someone confirm these work on phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

squared wrote: »
    Can someone confirm these work on phones?
    Aye, they do, but through the isp.vodafone.ie or hs.vodafone.ie access point only, and only while in Ireland. Doesn't cover Vodafone Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/prepay.htm

this offer seems too good to be true, reactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

i've heard their customer care is pretty notorious alright, nuff said so, cheers capt

Kensington wrote: »
    Aye, they do, but through the isp.vodafone.ie or hs.vodafone.ie access point only, and only while in Ireland. Doesn't cover Vodafone Live.

Not having vodafone live isn't a big deal really is it? I won't be loosing any other features by using these add-ons either will I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

squared wrote: »
    Not having vodafone live isn't a big deal really is it? I won't be loosing any other features by using these add-ons either will I?
    Nope, ISP gives you full, unrestricted access to the internet unlike Live, which blocks quite a lot of stuff. Just make sure to set your handset to direct everything through ISP instead, not live, else you will be charged the usual VF Live daily rate on top of your add-on.

Also, if you've an iPhone, make sure you can change your APN settings before ordering. Think Vodafone lock the ability to edit your APN on the iPhone through the carrier update...

Kensington wrote: »
    Nope, ISP gives you full, unrestricted access to the internet unlike Live, which blocks quite a lot of stuff. Just make sure to set your handset to direct everything through ISP instead, not live, else you will be charged the usual VF Live daily rate on top of your add-on.

Also, if you've an iPhone, make sure you can change your APN settings before ordering. Think Vodafone lock the ability to edit your APN on the iPhone through the carrier update...

Thanks for all the info, just what I wanted to hear. Got a htc hero so changing the apn shouldn't be a problem. Now just have to wait for my 30 days notice to run out on meteor.:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement