Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible double penalty kick at Tramore and Pontyfract

Options
  • 15-08-2010 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Chicago Grey - 4:35 Tramore O'Shea'S Hotel Chase 2m6f

Chicago Grey developed into a pretty decent hurdler seeing off Mourad and Smoking Aces last year, Chicago Grey made his chase debut in early July and was somewhat dissapointing, finishing a placed 3rd but in a different post code when the winner cross the line. LTO was much better, racing at Galway Paul Carberry settled him mid division moving to the head of affairs round the last bend as he smartly cut inside the leaders and held on ahead of favourite Prince Erik. Of the opposition today King High a C&D winner looks the most likely to trouble the pick however he pulled up 18 days ago just 4 furlongs into a hurdles race at Galwey and it remains to be seen if he is any worse for that. If you want to take a "belt and braces" approach you can back Chicago Grey as a place bet at 1.25 Yeah very short but I cant see him outside the top 2 (only 6 run) The win odds are 1.90.

Sunbow - 4:40 Pontefract Betfair Maiden Stakes(4) 1m 4yds

Sunbow was a convincing winner on his debut LTO, having started slowly under Ahmed Ajtebi (who takes the ride today) he responded well and powered home only to be disqualified as the jockey was 2 lbs underweight! He tops the speed rating for this race, is well drawn and there is nothing else in this maiden to match this Godolphin horse.

Current price is 1.80, so if you put these two together, with Chicago Grey on the place market you can double your stake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Chicago Grey is even money in a lot of places mike.
    I'd also throw in Goldikova at Deauville 8/11 is a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Nice one Mike.....been loving these penalty kicks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I call then possible penatly kicks remember! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mike65 wrote: »
    I call then possible penatly kicks remember! :)

They've been good so far, but I know what you mean :)

To some smuck like me who knows sod all about racing then the possibility is very much appreciated. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Chicago Grey's a non-runner.

• Advertisement

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Okay same logic now applies to King High, who only has Hello Kitty to worry about, if he is fit against after his pull up he should win but the placed bet is 1.33 so you still get evens with Sunbow, or 2.25 for the win.

2.25 for the win on Sunbow?

No, King High though I wouldn't be too keen. I think I'll stick to a single on Sunbow

I like Sunbow too,I'd have Goldikove at 8/11 and Stagecoach Pearl at Southwell too,4/5.

The ground at Deauville is seriously soft,they had to move earlier races onto the all weather to preserve the ground for the Group 1.

• Advertisement

Thats why I don't bet on French Group One races.

GOLDIKOVA IS BEATEN :(

Anyone remember a little flop called Makfi? ;)

mike65 wrote: »
    Thats why I don't bet on French Group One races.

I do,occassionally.
    I think French racing this year is far better than English racing,and the Irish racing is even worse.

Sunbow weakening in the market all the time, I'm chickening out.

edit on I'm oh well in for a penny....

:(

The market was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

greetings wrote: »
    GOLDIKOVA IS BEATEN :(

Anyone remember a little flop called Makfi? ;)
    Nulty wrote: »
    Deauville 2.40

Makfi 1pt ew @ 9/1 Lads (GP)

2000 Guineas winner Makfi is something special. We just haven't had the opportunity to see him at his best since his win in England. I'm taking him to put in a good performance here after a poor effort in the St James Palace Stakes at Ascot for a few reasons. His sire Dubawi won the race in 2005. He is clearly a talented horse to win the guineas beating a number of G1 winners. He has won twice on VSft going in France and has been explicitly backed to go on the ground today by Delzangles his trainer. Other horses may not be as confident on the surface. He was found to have a throat infection after the St James Palace Stakes where he failed to shine but back home in France and without the bother of travelling he will be better prepared. Soumillion takes the ride today and a better jockeuy couldn't be found for all the money in the world. Naturally the top two will be hard to beat but a nice ew price allows me to take the cautious approach and the opportunity to take something from the bet should one of the older horses fail to fire.

Flop? No. I remember a classy colt who ran when wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Nulty wrote: »
    It seems Makfi will never get the repect he deserves. Everything points to him being a top class horse. If you look at Dubawis first crop, he's got bags of winners. Anna Salai nearly won the Irish 1,000! Nearly two classic winners in his first crop!

I'll be keeping a close eye on his progeny this year! BTW, 1/4 win on the all-weather (so far!).

I know your a fan of Makfi greetings. Pity you neglected him this time.

Haha I know Nulty,but I said on another thread I thought Goldikova is the best filly since Zarkava. If it was just him against Paco Boy I would have had him all day long.
    Nice call there yourself. I'd love to see him go against CC again,he was said to be sick after they met for the second chance,and wasn't himself.

Advertisement