Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polyplumb pipes

• 15-08-2010 12:09pm
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in Galway and need to replumb my wholehouse. Costing 2000 only for the lenghts of copper. Anyone worked with polyplumb or an alternative and know how good it is? Where can I buy the pipes an fittings?
    Heard someone that its ok if you use copper the first few metres from tank the run the lines down the house with this?

All help[ appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Not a fan of any of those quick fittings, the pipe yes, such as acorn or qualpex, bt the use of the quich fit fittings no.

Iv gotton a few phone calls from people asking me to rush to the house because there ceiling is like Niagra falls... Ive seen the fittings pop away from the pipe, between ceiling josits etc..

For my book, you cant beat genuine sanbra fyffe fittings and copper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

snyper wrote: »
    Not a fan of any of those quick fittings, the pipe yes, such as acorn or qualpex, bt the use of the quich fit fittings no.

Iv gotton a few phone calls from people asking me to rush to the house because there ceiling is like Niagra falls... Ive seen the fittings pop away from the pipe, between ceiling josits etc..

For my book, you cant beat genuine sanbra fyffe fittings and copper.

Agree with you on the fittings.... but the only thing genuine about a sambra fyffe fitting is there ability to import them from china and instant them here... I have friends working there and they know this is the final nail in there coffin.

Agree with you on the fittings.... but the only thing genuine about a sambra fyffe fitting is there ability to import them from china and instant them here... I have friends working there and they know this is the final nail in there coffin.

Well, i wasnt aware of that... as its a few years since i was involved in selling hardware. I did mention them because they are/were good, but there are other brands, some italian ones that are pretty good too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

snyper wrote: »
    Well, i wasnt aware of that... as its a few years since i was involved in selling hardware. I did mention them because they are/were good, but there are other brands, some italian ones that are pretty good too..

Sambra started to import italian fittings at first. So did national brass by a strange irony. Gave them nothing but problems. The sambra push fit were italian.

Sambra fittings were such a brand at one stage people use to walk into plumbers providers and ask for instantor fittings which of course was a reference to sambra fyffe fitting....

But all this is just about gone....

Haveing said that... I would never use any fitting thats a rich yellow... Its a sign off less zinc which strengthens the brass....

There is not many fittings on the market that is not a rich yellow lately....

Sambra started to import italian fittings at first. So did national brass by a strange irony. Gave them nothing but problems. The sambra push fit were italian.

Sambra fittings were such a brand at one stage people use to walk into plumbers providers and ask for instantor fittings which of course was a reference to sambra fyffe fitting....

But all this is just about gone....

Haveing said that... I would never use any fitting thats a rich yellow... Its a sign off less zinc which strengthens the brass....

There is not many fittings on the market that is not a rich yellow lately....

Are the "stamped" instantor fittings that is a darker colour, not the yellow you speak of, are they foreign made too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement