Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spokes Triathlon Tramore 21/8/10

• 15-08-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Apologies if there's a thread on this already, mods feel free to delete if there is!! Anyway was thinking about doing this and was wondering is there anyone on here doing it?

Had anyone done it before, how does it compare?

http://www.spokes.ie/pages.php?pageid=12

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 0 votes

5 stars (excellent
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    0%
    3 stars (average)
    0%
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rubs

Yeah, planning and doing this one. i hve doen it the last few years and its a very fast race. Sea swim from Tramore beach, 18km cycle on a good road and then a 5 km run down to the dunes and back to the start area. I hear they are changing the finish to a beach finish this year and also they have an excellent goodie bag. Great location in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

the swim must be interesting seeing as tramore is a surf beach - any time i've been there the waves have been rolling in. wasn't it almost cancelled last year due to the weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rubs

..no I`ve done it the last 2 years and last year it was actually like a lake!....the first year was choppy but it still went ahead...don`t the surf is up for the weekend!!:eek:...sorry terrible pun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Looks to me that there won't be much swell and therefore waves hitting Tramore this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

rubs wrote: »
    ..no I`ve done it the last 2 years and last year it was actually like a lake!....the first year was choppy but it still went ahead...don`t the surf is up for the weekend!!:eek:...sorry terrible pun!

sorry, yeah it was the year before last it was shortened for safety reasons. should be fun anyway with the south/southwest winds forecast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement