Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

signing on each month

• 15-08-2010 2:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

i have just received my back dated job seekers allowance and now still signing on each month at a certain time, when i wasn't receiving any payment i signed on each month but at any time of the day , now i have to sign on on a set day and at certain which is half 9 to 10 in the morning.i have only signed on once with the set time and date,now my signing on day is this teusday.the last time i went down to cue at about quorter to nine to be there early , the cue was getting bigger and bigger behind me , so the time came and the doors where open, my sign on hatch was hatch 8 which was,i think all the d's to h"s (i think )but the line i was in and the line i lined up in was all going to a different hatch ,and at my hatch there was only two people after me lining up for that long ,

what im trying to ask is , is it the same hatch each time??the hatch you first sign on in , is that the same place you will go to sign on each month?? beacuse i dont want to be cueing in a line for x amount of time to and then my que/hatch has no one in it , now when i signed on last week and my que had 2 in it , i had to wait around for a friend and ,there still wasnt loads of people from the big line going to my hatch!

what happened if you are in that que and it takes more that a half hour to get to your hatch to sign on , ???? you only have a half hour etc

if you can help
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

My head hurts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Call into your local office tomorrow and ask them which queue do you go to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

wont have time tomorow last time i went down to ask a simple question i was in the que for 1o mins short of 3 hours !!! i know it has to be done but i dont have the time

Every office is different. People do this every month. Stop with your "I won't have time"

What else would you be doing, only looking for work.

eh take into account people have personal live's man !!!!!!!!! i have a sick mam !!!!! stuff you dude . . .was only looking for help rather than getting a lecture !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    eh take into account people have personal live's man !!!!!!!!! i have a sick mam !!!!! stuff you dude . . .was only looking for help rather than getting a lecture !!!!!!!!

To be on Jobseekers Allowance / Benefit you have to be available for full time work. If you have a sick mam who you look after, perhaps you should go on to Carer's Allowance, then you won't have this burden of signing once a month and having to queue for a few hours.

im am available for full time work , any type of work to be honest, i am there with my mam when i can , but when i cant my bro is , aswell as him being in work , he is away now in america for the summer , it is just at this time why i dont have the time to go down !!! my mother hasnt been well for the past few weeks !!

and a scare was all cleared so thats why im now am not taking any more claiming form the government!! it is unfortunate that i dont have a job and lost my job after xmas i am constant looking but nothing is coming up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Look mate, no one here can tell you for sure. In my experience, I go to the same hatch every month, any time of the day I want and there's never a queue at mine, but the hatch beside is always jammers. It can depend on the office in question (mines tallaght), number of people unemployed, etc.

If you're worried, your best bet is to either A) Ask at the office will it be the same every month, or B) Go down to the office nice and early on your day.

cheers gav man

today was my sign on date , went down at half 8 to cue ,cue was long and the put up the hatches in alphabetical order , when the doors opened , i went to my hatch and there was 4 people on front of me, after cueing that long , i think next time ill walk in when the doors open , i asked the girl on the hatch abd she said its the same hatch every signing date ! the 2 hatches next to mine were jammers aswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement