Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When do you start your Christmas shopping?

• 15-08-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Actually nearly started it today.
    See I've got 2birthdays in October, 3 in November then 7 in December (4 in the 3 days before Christmas Day) and 3 in Jan. So I like to get a head start & spread out the cost.

cooltown wrote: »
    Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Anytime from now, if i see something I like for someone I pick it up now and generally by the end of nov I try to be finished other than OH and then I have more to spend on him:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

1st december

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 funmum

Started mine this week bought two little gifts just cause i seen them and probably wont be able to find them come christmas :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

My nephew called my friday to tell me he wants the away LFC shirt - so I'll probably pick it up over the next couple of weeks. We KK at home so I was thinking of asking the rellies to get together for the big draw some weekend soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Meh, normally sometime in Decemeber. Maybe end of November. I'll generally be thinking of ideas from November, incase I need to order stuff of the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Im the sort of person whos always on the lookout for birthday presents for people. It will be about Sept-Oct though by the time i start thinking of Christmas presents for family and friends and Kris Kindle for work.

Started there on Saturday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I am starting this week!!! I have 7 sisters and 4 brothers not to mention 11 birthdays in between, and more Christmas presents for my friends and boyfriends parents :eek::eek: It's going to be crazy!!!

• Advertisement

^^ I feel your pain, I'm similar, many many birthdays.
    And lots of big ones this year! 10th, 18th, 20th, 30th... *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I usually start mine around November/December.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

this time last year i had all mine ;) i am not so all over it this time. might start at the end of the month, will have just been paid. yes i think ill do that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I do my shopping for Christmas all year round,things just present themselves as I'm going along,and I think that would do for so and so and just buy it,if I am a bit flush at the time.....I start stockpiling my freezers and presses in october and have it finished once the geese come into lidl...Then We sit back and enjoy a stress free Christmas....Been doing it this way now for 16 years,and don't think we could do it any other way.....I enjoy my family and the magic of Christmas too much to let it pass me by ,by stressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

I do mine all year long :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

I was going to start next month but then argos brought out their 3 for 2 on all toys offer so I bought most of the toys there and just tonight ordered the last of the kiddies stuff on amazon!

Got most of my stuff for christmas/birthdays.
    Just a few small bits, and cards left to get. Nearly want to start wrapping but it's only October lol, I can't wrap them til I've a tree to put them under, that's not for another 2months!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

been finished mine since September. I buy all year round when there are great sales - leave everything in the bags and just put them all in one designated spot in one of the spare rooms - then when December comes I go through them - its like opening presents as I have forgotton some of the stuff I purchased.

So now all I have to concentrate on is buying couple new outfits for myself, and buying the Christmas Dinner and drinks. I would HATE to have to start Christmas shopping so close to Christmas.

Im glad to have it done this year especially because once this budget comes out I think people will be holding onto their money and not spending at all, and its nice to know I have at least the presents covered for this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    My nephew called my friday to tell me he wants the away LFC shirt - so I'll probably pick it up over the next couple of weeks. We KK at home so I was thinking of asking the rellies to get together for the big draw some weekend soon.

We do the same and that reminds me we really must get a move on with our one this year!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Purchasing my father's and my boyfriend's father's presents right now! Thank God for online shopping and 3v/laser cards :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement