Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wii Goldeneye 007

Options
  • 15-08-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

The new Goldeneye game on the Wii, looks amazing!
    Nintendo at last getting back on form!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Nintendo don't make it...

and when were they not in form?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Looks great but I will need to read a couple of reviews to see is it worth the money (it is published by actavision after all :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

Yes the new goldeneye looks good, but i dont think it can match up to the n64 version thats just a great around all over game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

steo2009 wrote: »
    Yes the new goldeneye looks good, but i dont think it can match up to the n64 version thats just a great around all over game

Go back and play it now. Time has not been kind to it. It's awful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

I play goldeneye n64 version almost every day, a true great game.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Go back and play it now. Time has not been kind to it. It's awful now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Goldeneye on the n64 is one of the greatest games of all time, especially the multiplayer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was one of the best games ever made. It's just dated so badly now compared to newer FPS games that it's nigh on unplayable. It's why I think that it needs the massive make over that eurocom are giving it because if it was released now with only a graphical make over it would get rightly slated in reviews. Just remains to be seen if they can do a good job of it and make it match modern FPs games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Goldeneye might not hold up to the new FPS games, but its hardly fair to compare it to games released over a decade later. I know where youre coming from, it has aged quite a bit, but its still a great game. As console shooters go its not far behind the newer ones in my opinion. Only thing that would have improved it would have been a keyboard and mouse :D

I think it's perfectly fair to compare it. A bad game is a bad game even if at the time of release it was ahead of the pack. I can easily go back and play old FPS games like Doom, Duke 3D, System Shock 2 or Half-Life and still have fun because they are all still excellent games but Goldeneye is horrible to play now. The low frame rate kills the game and there's some horrible design decisions like respawning gaurds, hit and miss stealth mechanics that only almost work and some terrible levels like the Tank level and protect Natalia level that have since been eradicated from modern games because they were never any fun.

I think it's perfectly fair to compare it. A bad game is a bad game even if at the time of release it was ahead of the pack. I can easily go back and play old FPS games like Doom, Duke 3D, System Shock 2 or Half-Life and still have fun because they are all still excellent games but Goldeneye is horrible to play now. The low frame rate kills the game and there's some horrible design decisions like respawning gaurds, hit and miss stealth mechanics that only almost work and some terrible levels like the Tank level and protect Natalia level that have since been eradicated from modern games because they were never any fun.

Jaysus the memories. I went back to play it a few years after I completed it and all of the above is true. Choppy framerate, irritating gameplay and respawning enemies topped the list of annoyances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can easily go back and play old FPS games like Doom, Duke 3D, System Shock 2 or Half-Life and still have fun because they are all still excellent games but Goldeneye is horrible to play now.
    I think Duke 3D plays horribly now too, but I still love the Duke (even from the original Shareware game!)
    The low frame rate kills the game and there's some horrible design decisions like respawning gaurds, hit and miss stealth mechanics that only almost work and some terrible levels like the Tank level and protect Natalia level that have since been eradicated from modern games because they were never any fun.

The bold, italicised, underlined bit... Have you played COD4? :pac:

I think given a HD makeover and a smooth framerate, like the one that they gave Perfect Dark, the game would be given a new lease of life, and I for one would love to play it again. My proudest ever gaming achievement was completing Goldeneye on all difficulty levels, and unlocking *most* of the cheats (the proper way, before the code to do so was revealed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Teh Fox Rox

Im looking forward to it.I never played the original(too young unfortunatly)but from what i have heard....this should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 whaturmuva

Im looking forward to it.I never played the original(too young unfortunatly)but from what i have heard....this should be good.

The original was probably the best game on the N64. So many goldeneye multiplayer parties :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Haven't played my Wii since SMG2, but am going to dust it off for this game. It's gotten some decent previews so I think I'll go ahead and prepurchase it this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

its good but im in nightclub level and all girls are the same persons wearing same outfit and same purple dress, come on lazy could least use different model for girls,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thread necromancy at it's finest. :p

Advertisement