Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Best of Both and roaming charges

Options
  • 15-08-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a three mobile best of both account where my bill is capped at €25 a month. I recently visited the US and hardly ever used my mobile as it only worked for a couple of hours in Newark airport and for a few hours in western states. I had the phone powered off the remainder of the time as I had no coverage. I checked my emails and sent a few texts while in Newark. The internet really didn't work well and I only checked a few emails before getting kicked off. I had €40 credit in addition to my flexi units which according to their site can be used in the US. When I returned to Ireland on the 5th of August my account said I had -€34 credit and that I also had used over €70 of data outside of my allowance. I have rang three's helpline half a dozen times over the last week and they tell me every time that the issue has not been resolved and today they said that other people have experienced similar problems recently. Has anybody else experienced a similar problem with three or other networks and what was the outcome? In my case as my account is capped at €25 a month can they bill me these additional charges if the matter is not resolved before my next bill arises?

Advertisement