Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Buy, Cutlery Road, Newbridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

Anne Mu - are you for real? Seriously???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Blizzard wrote: »
    Anne Mu - are you for real? Seriously???

Ya gotta wonder don't you? I've been infracted on boards for far less.

Considering all the horrible things that happen in this country and the rest of the world, I always smile when somebody joins boards to claim they are a happy customer of a particular retail outlet that has been criticised.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

DWCommuter wrote: »

Considering all the horrible things that happen in this country and the rest of the world, I always smile when somebody joins boards to claim they are a happy customer of a particular retail outlet that has been criticised.:rolleyes:

I totally agree DWCommuter. I read thru stuff on boards all the time, yet have only 80+ posts (nothing compared to many of you on here) but for someone to come on and post only six times and all in the same post - sounds a bit....much!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Guys, keep it on topic.

If someone has *proof* of dodgy dealings in the thread, feel free to bring it forward via PM. Until then, let's go back to the actual subject of the thread and not baseless suppositions on what you "feel".

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ANNE MU

DWCommuter wrote: »

I'm just a happy person... I didn't join to praise the outlet... i joined to get in on the banter... went to the shop, thought it would be a laugh from what I was reading...but it wasn't honestly.... I wish now it was.....sorry for not being nasty... I promise I will try harder.. :):):). Oh I feel so boring...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

savy2011 wrote: »
    That shop is terrible the other post is right their prices are so over inlfated its not funny but thats not the worst their idea of a clean shop is ridiculous its so dirty i wouldnt buy food out of there. i was in and after 5 mins of looking around i left it was disgusting. AVOID like the plague theres far better shops out there with far nicer staff. as the manager was so rude!

That's absolute BS. The manager/staff couldn't have been friendlier. In fact there was a girl there doing her shopping one day and she bought more stuff than she'd obviously anticipated and hadn't enough cash. They told her to go ahead and fix them up the next time she's in as she's in there a bit. Buy stuff a good bit in there and there prices are really good. I thought the snobbery in this country was dead but clearly it's alive and well. The shop is obviously not a lovely shop it's basic but does what it claims to do. Why people go to discount shops and expect luxury baffles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

So basically,

- If you post criticising a business (when someone seeks your opinion), you are automatically labelled as a competitor.

- If you post in support of a business, you are assumed to be the owner or staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I'm going to drop in there over the next couple of days and I'll give an unbiased report.

I will understand that it is a warehouse / discount outlet and some goods are probably only sold in bulk packs and there won't be a full "shop" of goods available.

I won't expect or comment on "service" unless its blatantly different to the service offered by any other food / discount outlet such as tesco / lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

is this shops still open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

cocoemma wrote: »
    is this shops still open?
    Its not a better buy anymore. Right now its a christmas warehouse clearance store. Selling decorations and toys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Ok Thanks Ken

Advertisement