Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Newcastle United Match Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yeah we lost, you won. Congratulations. But some of your comments are laughable.

I don't support United, I was hoping Newcastle could do something here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Answers I would love to hear after one of the many stupid questions from Sky sports reporters :

Geoff Shreeves to Paul Scholes on his future : "And how long can you carry on doing this?"

Scholes : "Well Geoff, I havent discussed this with the gaffer yet, but I will give you an exclusive and let you know that this is my last season!".

Geoff: "Really?!"

Scholes : "No Geoff. I havent thought of it and you will be the last to find out. . Anymore questions ? No ? Jog on ". .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Drumpot wrote: »
    Answers I would love to hear after one of the many stupid questions from Sky sports reporters :

Geoff Shreeves to Paul Scholes on his future : "And how long can you carry on doing this?"

Scholes : "Well Geoff, I havent discussed this with the gaffer yet, but I will give you an exclusive and let you know that this is my last season!".

Scholes : "No Geoff. I havent thought of it and you will be the last to find out. . Anymore questions ? No ? Jog on ". .

Wait till you get a load of Hughton, OMFzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

DB10 wrote: »

Oh right.... Some of your comments made me think you were a Man United fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ah a disgruntled chelsea/livepool fan.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

M5 wrote: »
    agreed, Nolan was Sh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!te, if as alleged, he actually played

With Smith and Barton in midfield, you need a far more creative player than Nolan with them.

I know he scored loads in the Championship, but I've seen him be pathetic for Bolton in his last couple of years there.

Guthrie might be the answer, have heard good things but not seen him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

scholes should just smash the bottle off geoff's head when he asks **** questions.the interview would last about 30seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Scholes = LEGEND

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ush1 wrote: »
    Glad you added that.:)

Glad you weren't able to provide any kind of valid argument against :)

Anyway, will conclude with:

Newcastle Poor after they conceded, Man U scored 3 but were in-efficient, Both teams need to improve to attain their goals IMO. ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

davyjose wrote: »
    Glad you weren't able to provide any kind of valid argument against :)

Valid arguement, to what? Me not agreeing with your opinion?

"No I don't agree with you. I don't think Xavis a robot and think he is better than Scholes."

Happier?:)

With Smith and Barton in midfield, you need a far more creative player than Nolan with them.

I know he scored loads in the Championship, but I've seen him be pathetic for Bolton in his last couple of years there.

Guthrie might be the answer, have heard good things but not seen him.

not sure TBH, heres hoping.... Ben Arfa might be an interesting addition judging by youtube (the preferred scouting method of Denis Wise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

M5 wrote: »
    not sure TBH, heres hoping.... Ben Arfa might be an interesting addition judging by youtube (the preferred scouting method of Denis Wise)

Sooo two years ago.

Johner wrote: »
    Fully fit for most of the season? :rolleyes:

In comparison to United . . Yes .

Czech - 34 - VDS 21
    Terry 37 - Vidic 24
    Carvalho 28 - Rio 12
    Ivanovic 25 - John O'Shea 12 (first 14 or so games of season)
    A Cole - 25 - Evra 37

Average - Chelsea had their first choice defence for 29.8 matches of the league . . United had it for 21.2% . . Throw in the fact that a couple of our reserve defence also got injured to the point where Carrick and Fletcher had to play in defence in the same games and I think its safe to say point proven . .

Valid arguement, to what? Me not agreeing with your opinion?

"No I don't agree with you. I don't think Xavis a robot and think he is better than Scholes."

Happier?:)

Calling him a robot was actually a compliment. Digging around a united thread for a reason to pounce as you always seem to do, i can understand why that passed you by. Xavi is an impeccable passer, but do I think he possesses the vision Scholes does? No!

Feel free to argue against.

FWIW, United have been consistently one of the best teams in europe for quite some time now. And scholes has been a major player in that. There are actually allowed to be world class players that don't play in Spain, or are Spanish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Haha, the Newcastle fans on here are living up to their deluded tag.

Carrol will keep you up lads I'm sure of it. Real quality there....:rolleyes:
    Clueless post, you can't even spell properly.

Calling him a robot was actually a compliment. Digging around a united thread for a reason to pounce as you always seem to do, i can understand why that passed you by.

Sorry I interrupted you rubbing willys, honestly I am. Nothing passed me by though.
    Xavi is an impeccable passer, but do I think he possesses the vision Scholes does? No!

I think Xavi has better vision, set pieces, mobility and tackling.
    FWIW, United have been consistently one of the best teams in europe for quite some time now. And scholes has been a major player in that. There are actually allowed to be world class players that don't play in Spain, or are Spanish.

Don't know what FWIW means but yeah, and?

Calling him a robot was actually a compliment. Digging around a united thread for a reason to pounce as you always seem to do, i can understand why that passed you by. Xavi is an impeccable passer, but do I think he possesses the vision Scholes does? No!

Ah man, come on, Xavi does what Scholes did tonight with regularity and he has fantastic vision.

Scholes was superb tonight but he does not always play to that high standard. Xavi is just so consistent.

Sorry I interrupted you rubbing willys, honestly I am. Nothing passed me by though.

Classy.

Goodnight ;)

Classy.

Goodnight ;)

Hope that went well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Nice easy opener for Man united. Played as well as they needed. Even if Newcastle has scored early i think they would have upped it. 70% possession speaks volumes.

Newcastle positives ? Not sure there are many apart from Carroll maybe but he needs so much more from his midfield. If he isn't getting a partner the service needs to improve drastically. Newcastle looked so average tonight, no drive to win the ball back and not a clue what to do with it the few times they had it. Reduced to shots from 20/25 yards and lumping the ball into the box from really poor positions.

Thought Berb should have got man of th match. Loved watching him play, i can't remember him putting a pass astray. That said Paul Scholes - wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

In comparison to United . . Yes .

Czech - 34 - VDS 21
    Terry 37 - Vidic 24
    Carvalho 28 - Rio 12
    Ivanovic 25 - John O'Shea 12 (first 14 or so games of season)
    A Cole - 25 - Evra 37

Average - Chelsea had their first choice defence for 29.8 matches of the league . . United had it for 21.2% . . Throw in the fact that a couple of our reserve defence also got injured to the point where Carrick and Fletcher had to play in defence in the same games and I think its safe to say point proven . .

I just think it was ridiculous to say we had virtually a fully fit squad, plus in the original post you never said in comparison to United.

Anyway our first choice right back at the start of last season got injured around October and has been injured since.

Carvalho didn't play 28 league games last season so them figures are wrong. He was injured for a large chunk of the season.

Ashley Cole was out from March until the end of the season.

I'm not saying Chelsea had worse injury problems than United last season but we did have a lot of problems too, the players that have come in did fantastic though.

Hope that went well for you.

It was a pathetic response dude. Honestly - reread it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

As a neutral, Newcastle were simply awful tonight, MUFCok will not have it easier all season.

Look they are United fans, they are allowed to go overboard about their players. Most fans of clubs do that.

Agreed.
    It means For What Its Worth so you will know for again.

It was a pathetic response dude. Honestly - reread it.

What was pathetic? You said feel free to argue and I addressed what you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

What was pathetic? You said feel free to argue and I addressed what you said.

The whole rubbing willys thing was childish, and it wasn't even funny.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Look they are United fans, they are allowed to go overboard about their players. Most fans of clubs do that.

I agree fans go overboard, I actually didn't want a debate, however he encouraged it.

thegen wrote: »
    As a neutral, Newcastle were simply awful tonight, MUFCok will not have it easier all season.
    Have you much money? I'll wager any amount with you that United will have easier games this season.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    I just think it was ridiculous to say we had virtually a fully fit squad, plus in the original post you never said in comparison to United.

My original post was in response to somebody saying chelsea had a better defence then united, I just posted that in response . .

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    The whole rubbing willys thing was childish, and it wasn't even funny.

"Digging around a United thread for a reason to pounce" is a fairly pathetic thing to say.

"Digging around a United thread for a reason to pounce" is a fairly pathetic thing to say.

Seems to have been a fairly accurate statement though.

I dunno for sure, but I dont think they ever rubbed willys so to speak, so your one is probably a bit more pathetic.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Seems to have been a fairly accurate statement though.

I dunno for sure, but I dont think they ever rubbed willys so to speak, so your one is probably a bit more pathetic.

Thanks for your invaluable input. How much do I owe you for this session?

Although i'm sure you need a therapist, I'm not it.

I do alot of charity work so you can have this session for free.

and IMO, scholes on his best > Xavi on his best anytime.

Yeah, but it's even more fcuking pathetic to do.

And you do.

• Advertisement

Give it up dude. Seriously -- im not joking. It's fcuking pathetic.

Have you much money? I'll wager any amount with you that United will have easier games this season.

Dont like taking money off people, MUFCok had a stroll in the park tonight. Newcastle on their return to top flite wouldhave been expected to put up a good fight if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

My original post was in response to somebody saying chelsea had a better defence then united, I just posted that in response . .

Fair enough, I think when both fully fit they are very evenly matched defensively.

Cech - Van Der Sar
    Cech is still a brilliant goalie as is Van Der Sar.

Evra - Cole
    Around the same if being honest.

Rio/Vidic - Alex/Terry
    Vidic is the best defender out of the lot. Terry and Rio are on the decline and can't be relied on even if fully fit imo. Alex is a good defender.

Ivanovic - JOS
    Much prefer Ivanovic.

Yeah, but it's even more fcuking pathetic to do.

And you do.

"No you're more pathetic."

I'm sorry if you wanted a debate and you didn't get the response you wanted, maybe you should report the post?

I actually "pounce" in lots of threads on lots of different topics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Good result to get the season going and hit the ground running. Thought NUFC did well for opening 30 mins or so, but once Berba hit the net that was that.

Scholes and Giggs.....any way we could reverse age them by 5 years each?! :D

• Advertisement

Good result to get the season going and hit the ground running. Thought NUFC did well for opening 30 mins or so, but once Berba hit the net that was that.

Scholes and Giggs.....any way we could reverse age them by 5 years each?! :D

and maybe van der sar while we're at it :P

Dont like taking money off people, MUFCok had a stroll in the park tonight. Newcastle on their return to top flite wouldhave been expected to put up a good fight if nothing else.
    So you won't back up that ridiculous statement you made with cash.

Newcastle were relegated the season before last and tonight they played a team full of players that were there 2 years ago. They have lost players from that panel such as Michael Owen, Damien Duff, Shay Given, Obafeme Martins, Charles N'Zogbia, Geremi, Habib Beye and Nicky Butt.

Out of the 13 players that took the part tonight 10 were part of the squad that was relegated. The three players who weren't there then could hardly be called world class players. Those players are Perch, Williamson and the much travelled Wayne Routledge.

How do you expect them to take on a multi-million pound perrenial title contending team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What does MUFCok mean? Should I be amused or annoyed?:pac:

So you won't back up that ridiculous statement you made with cash.

Newcastle were relegated the season before last and tonight they played a team full of players that were there 2 years ago. They have lost players from that panel such as Michael Owen, Damien Duff, Shay Given, Obafeme Martins, Charles N'Zogbia, Geremi, Habib Beye and Nicky Butt.

Out of the 13 players that took the part tonight 10 were part of the squad that was relegated. The three players who weren't there then could hardly be called world class players. Those players are Perch, Williamson and the much travelled Wayne Routledge.

How do you expect them to take on a multi-million pound perrenial title contending team?
    Who mentioned their squad, i was talking about their performance, your reply seems to be making excuses for the lack off. Thank you for your reply which I take as agreeing with my take on the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thank you for your reply which I take as agreeing with my take on the game.

lol, way to make the most childish post of the night.

keane2097 wrote: »
    lol, way to make the most childish post of the night.[/QUOT

Think you just trumped mine!!!!

flahavaj wrote: »
    What does MUFCok mean? Should I be amused or annoyed?:pac:

A Celtic fan one referred to UTD as MUFC ok to me, he meant it to be two syllables as in MUF cok.

keane2097 wrote: »
    lol, way to make the most childish post of the night.[/QUOT

Think you just trumped mine!!!!
    Not even close but I'm not surprised you would think that.

Not even close but I'm not surprised you would think that.

And the wagons circle. I simply made the point UTD had an easy time of it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

And the wagons circle. I simply made the point UTD had an easy time of it tonight.

eagle eye is a Blackburn supporter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement