Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Newcastle United Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

great thread guys. truly take a bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

thegen wrote: »
    And the wagons circle. I simply made the point UTD had an easy time of it tonight.
    As you can see below you said much more than simply that. And then I explain to you why they wouldn't be expected to challenge United seriously and you just responded with what Keane called the most childish post of the night and I agree with him there.
    As a neutral, Newcastle were simply awful tonight, MUFCok will not have it easier all season.
    Dont like taking money off people, MUFCok had a stroll in the park tonight. Newcastle on their return to top flite wouldhave been expected to put up a good fight if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

keane2097 wrote: »
    eagle eye is a Blackburn supporter.

OK, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

OK, my bad.

The blackburn badge in his sig sorta gave it away.

curry-muff wrote: »
    The blackburn badge in his sig sorta gave it away.
    Not nearly as big a giveaway as what you have in your sig though.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

eagle eye wrote: »
    As you can see below you said much more than simply that. And then I explain to you why they wouldn't be expected to challenge United seriously and you just responded with what Keane called the most childish post of the night and I agree with him there.

OK, maybe I worded it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Not nearly as big a giveaway as what you have in your sig though.:pac:

What can I say, Ive always loved the brazillian style of play ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

a-train-wrecks-accidents-241.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

That_Guy wrote: »

Im sorry i dont get it. Was this supposed to be funny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

4davis7 wrote: »
    Im sorry i dont get it. Was this supposed to be funny?

It's a train wreck which is what this thread is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

That_Guy wrote: »

I call it the Ush1 Effect. Like the Lynx Effect only less sexy.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

ah now im down with the hip!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Wimbledon 3 Newcastle 0

Excellent, vintage performance from Wimbledon, Scholes long ball over to Giggs was such vintage stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Wimbledon 3 Newcastle 0

Excellent, vintage performance from Wimbledon, Scholes long ball over to Giggs was such vintage stuff.

Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Am I missing something?

a very bad joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wimbledon 3 Newcastle 0

Long ball? Wasn't it like a 20 yard pass? And his other one was a pass through to Berbatov who was making a run?

It's just a very bad piss take from the united chelsea match last week tbh.

Wimbledon 3 Newcastle 0

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Am I missing something?
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    a very bad joke.
    Dave! wrote: »
    Long ball? Wasn't it like a 20 yard pass? And his other one was a pass through to Berbatov who was making a run?

haha
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67341245&postcount=110

I'm not saying you're joke was the bad one mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ush1 needs to go back under that bridge. Horrible posts.

Argumentative ABU.

He'll sleep tonight and find something to argue with us all with in the morning.

And Scholes in his prime>>>>>>>Xavi

Gpaulscholesgoal_e.jpg

Class act.

• Advertisement

Le King wrote: »

Argumentative ABU.

He'll sleep tonight and find something to argue with us all with in the morning.

Gpaulscholesgoal_e.jpg

Class act.

Not only can he score great goals, but he'd make a good keeper too...

scholes-handball.jpg

Come on, how high does he jump in this one, feckin hell!!
    paul-scholes-reaches-soccer-ball-uefa-super-cup-2008-nc.jpg

Jeez forgot that handball haha was like Volleyball or something!

Jeez forgot that handball haha was like Volleyball or something!

Yeah it was a comical game really, shame we lost, can't even blame him, he's won us too much in the past with inspirational games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Nice to see a wankfest not about Chicarito! Refreshing

Not so nice to see a city fan talking shít, but meh, not surprising either.

Speakin of talkin shíte have a look back over the last 35 pages... Or any other United match thread this seson... Scholes = World Class... But degradin other players and users over diff opinions, ridik .. So go on just have a "pea"k back through em..:confused:

Speakin of talkin shíte have a look back over the last 35 pages... Or any other United match thread this seson... Scholes = World Class... But degradin other players and users over diff opinions, ridik .. So go on just have a "pea"k back through em..:confused:

This is the first match of the season.

Good to see you're showing as smart as you set out.

Go back to the city threads and discuss your next ten million transfer targets, if you'd seen the game tonight, you would have known scholes got man of the match, as he did in the charity shield against chelsea, so that's probably why people talk about him.

Scholes is a class, act, and unfortunately for city, you can't buy a class act.

No wonder these match threads get locked so quickly. Everybody take a chill pill.

As I said earlier its ok for fans of a club to overrate their players, it would be abnormal if they didn't. And especially tonight after Scholes put on a magnificent show.

Its nice to have a chat about a game afterwards but some people take things far too personally for some reason. So what if they think he is better than Xavi which I personally think is going completely overboard even for United fans but its not the end of the world.

The amount of people who trawl these threads waiting for the first chance to jump on an overblown comment is whats really sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

EDIT: No point.

This is the first match of the season.

Good to see you're showing as smart as you set out.

Go back to the city threads and discuss your next ten million transfer targets, if you'd seen the game tonight, you would have known scholes got man of the match, as he did in the charity shield against chelsea, so that's probably why people talk about him.

Scholes is a class, act, and unfortunately for city, you can't buy a class act.
    Fail!! So youve chosen to ignore all the pre season friendlies that allowed people to cum on there keyboards while talkin about Chicarito in the match threads??.. U just some fair weather fan than watches from the start of the PL and takes no notice of your pre season?? And yes i watched every minute of tonights game and agree Scholes is top notch and always has been, like i said, if u bothered readin what i said instead of just takin what u want from it, is that every one was just jerkin over Scholes and laughing at other fans who tried to say players the like of Xavi were as good as him.... Pure blind love and just mockin anyone who had half an opinion which contrasted with the majority... Pathetic
    OH yes and who are city going to sign next....Hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That was good!

i was at the charity shield match myself johnny so no, not a fan who only starts watching for the league, but as you said yourself, they were pre-season matches, and as far as i recall, they were the only two match threads in which scholes was praised.

Fail!! So youve chosen to ignore all the pre season friendlies that allowed people to cum on there keyboards while talkin about Chicarito in the match threads??.. U just some fair weather fan than watches from the start of the PL and takes no notice of your pre season?? And yes i watched every minute of tonights game and agree Scholes is top notch and always has been, like i said, if u bothered readin what i said instead of just takin what u want from it, is that every one was just jerkin over Scholes and laughing at other fans who tried to say players the like of Xavi were as good as him.... Pure blind love and just mockin anyone who had half an opinion which contrasted with the majority... Pathetic

Took you 7mins to edit that... should have just deleted it tbh.

Are you not in agreement that Scholes is a world class player? Or would you rather debate why Yaya Toure is most definitely not goign to be any sort of lose at Barca next season?

i was at the charity shield match myself johnny so no, not a fan who only starts watching for the league, but as you said yourself, they were pre-season matches, and as far as i recall, they were the only two match threads in which scholes was praised.
    Im finishin my arguement cos theres clearly no point, ur just taking wat u want from it... This was the only thread i read where people were going on about Scholes thats not an issue, once again i say Scholes is Class!.... My issue is(once again) , how the majority in this thread jumped on anyone who had even the slighest contrasting opinion.. This was present in all the previous match threads! I thought my comment was innocuous enough considering how people had been highlighting the crazy amount of Chico love going on in these threads!(who is another player i think is very good tbh) But instead i immediatly get called a shíte talkin City fan! OH LORD!!

Im finishin my arguement cos theres clearly no point, ur just taking wat u want from it... This was the only thread i read where people were going on about Scholes thats not an issue, once again i say Scholes is Class!.... My issue is(once again) , how the majority in this thread jumped on anyone who had even the slighest contrasting opinion.. This was present in all the previous match threads! I thought my comment was innocuous enough considering how people had been highlighting the crazy amount of Chico love going on in these threads!(who is another player i think is very good tbh) But instead i immediatly get called a shíte talkin City fan! OH LORD!!

No, i said you were talking shíte because this was your post

And, I think chico is a deadly player too, I know it's too early to tell whether he'll be brilliant, but i hope he will.

I also gave my opinion on the scholes matter, I think he is better than Xavi in his prime, but I didn't degrade anyone else over it, I only had an attitude with you because you came in with an attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Genuine question: Is 99 a reference to your birth year?

Are you not in agreement that Scholes is a world class player? Or would you rather debate why Yaya Toure is most definitely not goign to be any sort of lose at Barca next season?
    Scholes = World Class
    and agree Scholes is top notch and always has been
    people were going on about Scholes thats not an issue, once again i say Scholes is Class!

Are you really going to ask me my opinion on Scholes??!?! Again read the Fúcking post instead of takin ur own fúckin opinion on it! Again u try degrade my opinoin via a ridiculous slag at city..... Point well and truly proved... Thank u:)

Im finishin my arguement cos theres clearly no point, ur just taking wat u want from it...

Like all this trolling...
    Speakin of talkin shíte have a look back over the last 35 pages... Or any other United match thread this seson...
    is that every one was just jerkin over Scholes and laughing at other fans who tried to say players the like of Xavi were as good as him.... Pure blind love and just mockin anyone who had half an opinion which contrasted with the majority... Pathetic

Half an opinion is no opinion at all.
    Are you really going to ask me my opinion on Scholes??!?! Again read the Fúcking post instead of takin ur own fúckin opinion on it! Again u try degrade my opinoin via a ridiculous slag at city..... Point well and truly proved... Thank u:)

I think you need to read your own posts, and I was slagging Toure but since he plays for City then I guess through the mutuality of both then I could be considered to be slaggign City.

Would you not go back to the City forum and have your own w@nkfest, we were quite enjoying ours thank you very much.

I think you need to read your own posts, and I was slagging Toure but since he plays for City then I guess through the mutuality of both then I could be considered to be slaggign City.

Would you not go back to the City forum and have your own w@nkfest, we were quite enjoying ours thank you very much.
    I'm not a United fan, are you telling me that I shouldn't be posting in here?

• Advertisement

I'm not a United fan, are you telling me that I shouldn't be posting in here?

See.... now your just looking fro an arguemetn with a line like that. But im not gonna bother.

The line I said was relevant because the Johnny guy was trolling.

See.... now your just looking fro an arguemetn with a line like that. But im not gonna bother.

The line I said was relevant because the Johnny guy was trolling.
    I don't think it is, if you disagree with what he is saying thats fine but you have no right to tell him not to post here. Its up to the mods to decide if he is trolling or not. Clearly if he is a City fan he doesn't like United but really that just balances out with the guys who are going overboard and saying that Scholes is better than Xavi.

I don't think it is, if you disagree with what he is saying thats fine but you have no right to tell him not to post here. Its up to the mods to decide if he is trolling or not...

I told him did I? Hmm yes I see right here...
    see that, thats me telling him what to do. Why I should have consulted you prior to posting for your opinion on a suggestion or a direct order.

I told him did I? Hmm yes I see right here... see that, thats me telling him what to do. Why I should have consulted you prior to posting for your opinion on a suggestion or a direct order.
    You should think about everybody before you post not just one person. It seemed to me that you were suggesting that only fans of Manchester United should be posting here, thats why I responded in the first place.

You should think about everybody before you post not just one person. It seemed to me that you were suggesting that only fans of Manchester United should be posting here, thats why I responded in the first place.

If you read the posts before that in which I actually highlighted or at least outlined his attempt to wind up the thread you would see the reason to why I gently suggested to him to change forum. Maybe I should have phrased it better or just asked him to take the tone back to level of discussion but from where I was sitting I could see him directly attempting to upset the peace.

Ive been here long enough now im not that stupid. Anyway this is just as OT so im just gonna say; United FTW ATARI League Champions!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gpaulscholesgoal_e.jpg

Class act.

Tbh

article-0-051CF41D000005DC-219_468x306.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

flahavaj wrote: »
    I call it the Ush1 Effect. Like the Lynx Effect only less sexy.:pac:

I call it the Man. United whinge effect.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Argumentative ABU.

Gpaulscholesgoal_e.jpg

Class act.

They're the worst kind of poster aren't they?

Ones who disagree with your opinions, it must really be awful.

But that jpeg winds the "arguement" really well.

Oh look, I can do the same thing:
    xavi-gi_1678732c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This place is turning into a dump. Threads like this should be either locked or cleaned up.

Anyone want to discuss the match ?

I thought Evans was very shaky on the ball. Caught out a few times and a better team would have taken advantage. Utd seem determined not to clear the ball in the 1st third even when under a lot of pressure. Nani did it in the 2nd half (I think) and should have led to a Newcastle chance as well. A lot of games preseason Utd conceded simple goals. Gigss took his goal well but he gave away possession cheaply more than once in dangerous positions.

I was disappointed in Valencias use of the ball, first touch and most of his crossing.

Berbatov needs to stay in the team on Saturday.

Not sure what the lads who were at the match think but seemed like a cracking atmosphere which is not always the case at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Aaaaaaaand we're done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement