Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Newcastle United Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Valmont wrote: »
    Any word on who is sitting on Manchester United's bench?

Tomas Kuszczak, Chris Smalling, Rafael, Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick, Federico Macheda, Javier Hernandez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭J2D2

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ah FFS. Talk about the game in hand lads.

Give it time, all they can do is speculate anyway until we win, then they can show the highlights :D

hopefully Rooney will be back on form, Valencia too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Fergie just said on MUTV that the priority is the Champions league and then the Premier league in that order.

Cant say I disagree with that - Good man Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

M5 wrote: »
    aye, isnt the feckn program called MNF.....:rolleyes:

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

redout wrote: »
    Fergie just said on MUTV that the priority is the Champions league and then the Premier league in that order.

Cant say I disagree with that - Good man Fergie.

i disagree.

CL is always just a bonus for me, its just a cup, and requires a good deal of luck - its always about the league for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

whats the story with Owen?he's not injured is he?

yabadabado wrote: »
    whats the story with Owen?he's not injured is he?

chances are he is....:)

i disagree.

CL is always just a bonus for me, its just a cup, and requires a good deal of luck - its always about the league for me.

You can see where he is coming from though.

He has always said it was his biggest regret that he never won more european cups.

Also the fact he kows he wont be managing the club for too much longer I can understand him making that comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

MUTV's OT studio is right behind the Newcastle fans, kinda bad positioning considering you can clearly hear their chants over the microphones. It'll get to it's worst point once we play Liverpool in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

MNF BABY! How did we ever survuve without MNF ? I'm just happy it's monday right now.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    MNF BABY! How did we ever survuve without MNF ? I'm just happy it's monday right now.

They should've called it, "The Andy Gray talks sh*t on Monday... then a game... then more sh*t talking show"

That goal. Really was special.

That goal. Really was special.

*fecker

FYP:P

redout wrote: »
    You can see where he is coming from though.

He has always said it was his biggest regret that he never won more european cups.

Also the fact he kows he wont be managing the club for too much longer I can understand him making that comment.
    I agree, Fergie grabbing his third European Cup over his career with United would be a massive massive achievement. But the always was and alway will be my priority for United.

Owen not even on the bench.

3-0 united

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Jonathan Evans, Evra, Valencia, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani, Berbatov, Rooney.
    Subs: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Smalling, Carrick, Giggs, Macheda, Hernandez.

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Coloccini, Williamson, Jose Enrique, Routledge, Smith, Nolan, Barton, Gutierrez, Carroll.
    Subs: Krul, Ryan Taylor, Xisco, Ameobi, Vuckic, Ranger, Tavernier

Before the ad break. "Sorry Newcastle fans for showing that goal against your team"

After the ad break. "Let's show a montage of Rooney's goals"

Cnuts.

Before the ad break. "Sorry Newcastle fans for showing that goal against your team"

After the ad break. "Let's show a montage of Rooney's goals"

Cnuts.

Analysis of the home team first id say, i'd hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

saf said owen needed minutes and so did rooney. Cause macheda and hernandez went to preseason he did not take the risk putting owen in.

I disagree, for me owen looked really sharp in Airtricity game. I didnt see him play in community shield but he had more training since then. Can see owen getting a bit shafted this season unless one of the other strikers gets injured.

• Advertisement

STFU Gray.

M5 wrote: »
    Analysis of the home team first id say, i'd hope

All we got was a "glad they're back"

:rolleyes:

Agree with that previous comment about the MUTV studio being situated in the away supporters section.

Some right numpty who came up with that idea.

All we got was a "glad they're back"

given our record here id say so are united :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cmon United.

The wait has been too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Im not sure i like this MNF setup.. Too much moving around or something... Weird watching them walk around to various areas arsing around with different screens!!

• Advertisement

Im not sure u like this MNF setup.. Too much moving around or something... Weird watching them walk around to various areas arsing around with different screens!!

Always been tech filled, may be a step to far though, its flashy for sure! A little american

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hello and welcome to the football 101 course. Here is your lecturer Dr. Andy Gray, with a Ph.D. in talking out of his arse.

Smudge to break his duck tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Newcastle to come back up with a bang, and hopefully another one or two bangs (goals) actually. Sure who're these Manchester lads anyways?

Smudge to break his duck tonight.

Not form DM, nothing positive from keys at all,

Big Andy our best chance by far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Anyone have a stream for the match or know anywhere online I can get it? I'm abroad at the mo and only have the internet

Help Enrique against Valencia. Tis Valencia who'll need help with Enrique. ;)

Anyone have a stream for the match or know anywhere online I can get it? I'm abroad at the mo and only have the internet

theres a streams thread at the top of the soccer forum

if not livescorehunter.com is the bizz for links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Nailz wrote: »
    STFU Gray.

Agreed.
    Can't stand the louser

HERE WE GO!!!!!

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

Chat at h/t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Now that the Drogba lovin is over .. Come on United . . Start the game already . .

Think Im more psyched about this season then last because we are not the champs and hope the team shows a bit more desire . .

On a sidenote, there's the small matter of Knocking a small team off their F""king Perch . . Let the charge for the championship begin . .

Drumpot wrote: »
    Now that the Drogba lovin is over .. Come on United . . Start the game already . .

Think Im more psyched about this season then last because we are not the champs and hope the team shows a bit more desire . .

On a sidenote, there's the small matter of Knocking a small team off their F""king Perch . . Let the charge for the championship begin . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

anyone know what that site is called that allows ya to watch any skysports channels for free?

So good to hear the Stone Roses ring through Old Trafford again after a 3 month wait! This Is The One!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What are you seeing on tv lads? My stream shows em leaving the tunnel now...?

• Advertisement

Pictures of Rio Ferdinand.

Vidic is just picking up the EPL trophy . . Ooops that was my online future prediction stream picture . . :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Rooney to score first, and united to win 6-0.

Not biased at all :cool:

Owen Coyle in the stands. ;)

Ha, commentator said "former Manchester United player Alan Smith" . . I was like WTF. . Thought he meant Co commentator . . Had to google Arsenal Smith before the penny dropped ! ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Owen Coyle in the stands. ;)

And Owen Goal on the bench for United!

Not today Rooney. ;)

Rooney looks fked already . . Reminds me of when I used to play GAA games the day after a session . . :eek:

Oh yeh . . Joey Barton, is there a more likable person in the game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Drumpot wrote: »
    Rooney looks fked already . . Reminds me of when I used to play GAA games the day after a session . . :eek:

He should lay off the fags

• Advertisement

Defending was woeful there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement