Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keyboards

• 15-08-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey. I know absolutely nothing about keyboards and would like some suggestions for buying one. Price range 400-1000, preferably on the cheaper end if possible. I'm not a beginner so would like something decent.

Also, where is the best place to buy? I'm in Dublin, Galway is also an option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭goblin59

go down to Xmusic and try out their range make sure you try as much as you can on each one you test. what sort of music are you looking to do with it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 iBleed

Thanks for the advice! Will be Classical mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭goblin59

in that case its well worth checking the keyboards out first hand. it can be realy hard to get a sound that suits for classical, alot of keyboards wouldnt have the warmth that you get from an acoustic piano while some have it but you might need to tweek with the reverb settings.

I find the same with guitar, personal preference plays all so its hard to just order something off the internet on another persons recommendation without trying it first to see if it suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Have you considered getting an MIDI controller and some VSTs? Then you add sound modules later for playing live.

Personally I have a Microkorg as it's all I have room for here! I'd love to get a 64 key board with Minikeys, minikeys are great for synth.

Advertisement