Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education / Rent allowance.

• 15-08-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

Im planning on going to college in sept. just awaiting the cao offers (fingers and toes crossed) Ive been on the dole for the last year and i know i am entitled to the BTEA but i am curious about rent allowance.

Earlier this year i applied for rent allowance but i was not given it as i am only 20 and was getting the full 196€. so my choice was to go down to 100€ and then get rent allowance or stick with my 196€, i stuck as it was more, but now with extra expenses of college and stuff and no maintainance grant i was wondering if i will be entitled to it?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys (^_^)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

my advice would be talk to your CWO about it and explain your circumstances

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

Thanks johnny, I will, heading in on tuesday anyways, just hoping someone might have some experience with the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

just to explain as well you should apply for the maintenance grant in order to get your registration fees paid

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement