Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night bars

Options
  • 15-08-2010 7:18pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The wife and I were thinking of heading up to Belfast for Chillifest, part of the Open House festival.

We have a friend who'll be flying into Belfast but who doesn't get in until 10:30pm. We're picking him up and spending the night in the city before heading back to Tipperary on the Monday morning.

So can anyone recommend a bar/pub where we can get a few late-night pints in? I'm guessing that at the very earliest he'll be in town at 11:15 but it would be a shame to only have the one drink and have to head to the hotel (he's from the US - first time in Ireland).

If possible I'd like to try and avoid going to a club - looking for more of a spot where we can have a chat, but if there are no late night places open on a Sunday then a club it'll be.

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Last time I had friends in town, we got kicked out of the Crown Bar between 12-12:30, went across the street to the Europa downstairs bar until 1am-ish, then went to the upstairs bar until 3:30 (and could have stayed longer, but at that point, one group was singing and there were two random girls rolling around on the floor, so we called it a night!). I think that was a Friday though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Cheers !

Random girls singing will be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Last time I had friends in town, we got kicked out of the Crown Bar between 12-12:30, went across the street to the Europa downstairs bar until 1am-ish, then went to the upstairs bar until 3:30 (and could have stayed longer, but at that point, one group was singing and there were two random girls rolling around on the floor, so we called it a night!). I think that was a Friday though.

wher you staying in the Eropa that night or was the upstairs baropen to the public that late??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Icky Thump wrote: »
    wher you staying in the Eropa that night or was the upstairs baropen to the public that late??

We weren't staying there, but I think the staff may have assumed we were because most of us (the loud ones anyway ;)) were Americans or from Dublin. Regardless, they invited us to come upstairs when the downstairs bar closed at 1am.

It may have also been because the bars were pretty empty, so the manager figured why kick out a group of 6 that obviously wants to keep drinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

excellent:D just heading to Belfast now so gonna chance the Europa tonight before the bars start closing. not a big fan of the ealyclosing in Belfast:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement