Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rodrigo Nogueira out of UFC 119 -> Cro Cop in

• 15-08-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

http://ht.ly/2pQuE

"Rodrigo Nogueira is out of his UFC 119 fight with Frank Mir after suffering an injury in training, a Brazilian source tells Fighters Only.

The nature of the injury was not disclosed but the source says it will require surgery. Nogueira is said to be “incredibly frustrated” by it and expects to be out until the New Year.

The fight with Mir was to headline UFC 119 and was a rematch of their meeting, which saw Nogueira stopped for the first time in his professional career.

Fighters Only has also been told the UFC has already secured a replacement and it will be “a really big name opponent”, although the source we spoke to did not provide a name."

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nog must be gutted as wanted to write a wrong in that fight.

My guess is dos Santos or Carwin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Gutted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Its Mirco Cro COp :)

http://ht.ly/2pRut

Is this going to be so awesome.

Mirko's toughest opponent in ages and an interesting style war too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

YESSSSSS Cmon Mirko

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Gutted!

I take it back, this is awesome!

I'm actually more excited to see THIS fight than the Nog fight!

What weight do you guys think Mir should come in at?

rovert wrote: »
    What weight do you guys think Mir should come in at?

I'm not sure about should,

but if he still has his Brock obsession, which i'm sure he does, and he thinks beating Cro Cop will get him closer to another shot, he'll be close to 265!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Has Mirco got it ? I sure as hell hope he does, please mirko !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either way much as I want to see Mirco win, it has potential to be a cracking fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

ive always had a dislike for mir so here's hoping for a crop cop KO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cmon Mir!!

Jaysus if Mir loses this one, he will be rightly going down the ladder. In reality, this shouldn't be too tough for Mir. I just hope he can concentrate on this fight and not think it's just another walkthrough to Lesnar!

As much as I wanna see another head kick KO from Mirko, I really hope it's not on Frank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

lol I can't think of a fighter I would prefer to see Mirko land the old LHK on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sounds like fun, I'll have to start getting into this UFC malarky - where do I start?.

:pac:

Am i the only Mir fan left???

Just ordered his walkout tshirt from UFC 111, 1st Suffer shirt. Got it on sale for 19quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Heart says Mirko but head would have to go with Mir. What a fight though for sure...

Does anyone know details about Mirko's new contract?

sheehy83 wrote: »

Just ordered his walkout tshirt from UFC 111, 1st Suffer shirt. Got it on sale for 19quid!

You were still robbed :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    You were still robbed :pac:

Where's the thumbs down button!!!!

I saw a bad interview from Frank recently. He was asked what he thought of the Lesnar/Carwin fight. He said "I didn't watch it, had no interest in it". Don't mind that your arch nemesis is fighting but I think if there is a title fight for your division, you HAVE to take interest in it.

Yeah I would have thought it to be up there with breathing in terms of priorities for him. Mind you both have beaten him recently. Sour grapes perhaps.

Cmon Frank! Road to the HW title again!

Hope we get Funny Cro Cop in the press conferences again, huge opportunity for him, if he wins he could get Nelson next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

lol I can't think of a fighter I would prefer to see Mirko land the old LHK on.

+1000
    Really dont like Mir. Lets go Cro Cop, i think he can do it. Mir is overated imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I like this fight, also think it might suit Mirko-definetly an interesting fight and with mirko's good takedown defense and always dangerous kick Mir could be in trouble!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Can't see Mirr losing this one

Another silver lining to this cloud. Roy Nelson wants to fight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira according to his twitter:
    I just read big nog is out, so after I get knee surgery, we both can give the fans a show of heart, and great jits, and the next title shot after that.

Analysis from cagesidesides:
    His knee surgery combined with Nogueira's injury, which he says is both his hips and a knee that will require surgery and he'll be out for 4 months, would likely mean the calendars line up which is usually the biggest obstacle in getting a fight set up. Nelson is being a bit overzealous in thinking that the winner would get a title shot.

I predict Mir by Submission round 1. :cool:

Cro Cop is gonna need some of these

aokirainbowtq5ra4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭mkahnisbent

Cro Cop has been crap for quite a while. This is so obviously an easy win for Mir.

Not sure why people think otherwise?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Cro Cop has been crap for quite a while. This is so obviously an easy win for Mir.

Because it's fate. Mir-KO Crocop. Cemetery 2rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mir has been crap for quite a while. This is so obviously an easy win for Cro Cop.

Mir has been crap for quite a while. This is so obviously an easy win for Cro Cop.

He got dominated by Lesnar and KO'd by Carwin. I'd hardly call someone crap for that happening to them seeing as they are the 2 biggest/strongest guys in the UFC! I mean he bate the fook outta Kongo but people only focus on his quick losses against the monsters. Although this is a lot to do with Mir basing his life around Lesnar so just makes him look bad when he gets punded. Mir is an excellent all round fighter....as long as he focuses on who he is fighting!

I predict a simples victory for Mir here and maybe fight velasquez or dos santos next (that is if neither of them are title holders)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Hope cro cop beats him , will mark out if cro cop makes him submit to kicks, something annoys me about mir .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

sheehy83 wrote: »

Nope im still behind him, reckon its early victory for Mir in this one lads

WAR MIR!!!

MIR_CHOKES_KONGO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Mir will win this within 2 minutes. Then all the haters will be on with the " crocop was past it / injured / slow / unlucky / robbed.

So much Mir hate, think it might be jealousy. He has without doubt the best big man jiu jitsu in the sport and I include Nogueira in that. Mira submission offence in incredible and when you have jits knowledge you appreciate it.

As I posted about 14 months ago, the fella cleared out the division, was champ when a huge underdog to tim sylvia, only dropped the title when knocked 100 ft off his motorbike , battled depression, alcohol dependancy after being told he'd never fight again, got in shape, beat nog, lesnar, Kongo and then lost last two to what are considered two inredible fighters in lesnar and carwin.

In fact, I would be of the opinion his story is actually more inspiring than any other fighter out there but it's deemed cool to hate on him.

I still think he has a title run in him as two wins in a razor tight division can propel you to a title shot.

So as I always say, **** the begrudgers.

Mir will win this within 2 minutes. Then all the haters will be on with the " crocop was past it / injured / slow / unlucky / robbed.

So much Mir hate, think it might be jealousy. He has without doubt the best big man jiu jitsu in the sport and I include Nogueira in that. Mira submission offence in incredible and when you have jits knowledge you appreciate it.

As I posted about 14 months ago, the fella cleared out the division, was champ when a huge underdog to tim sylvia, only dropped the title when knocked 100 ft off his motorbike , battled depression, alcohol dependancy after being told he'd never fight again, got in shape, beat nog, lesnar, Kongo and then lost last two to what are considered two inredible fighters in lesnar and carwin.

In fact, I would be of the opinion his story is actually more inspiring than any other fighter out there but it's deemed cool to hate on him.

I still think he has a title run in him as two wins in a razor tight division can propel you to a title shot.

So as I always say, **** the begrudgers.

Agree 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I think he could challenge again, dont know why people hate him tbh-with his extra mass he will be a massive threat to anyone, but i still think he is beatable by a number of opponents.. write Mir off at your peril though.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

As big a Mir fan as I am, I wouldn't say he has better jitz than Big Nog. There was a reason Mir kept telling him to stand up in Mir v Nog, Mir knew bigger chance of winning standing than on the ground. He needs a gameplan like that for each fighter. Game plan for Lesnar 2 and Carwin went out the window cuz he underestimated them. He respected Big Nog and dominated him (i know, i know, nog unfit) but Mir could easily get caught against Cro Cop if he thinks he can just control him with no problems.

Shiity Suffer clothing. Still didn't get my tshirt and the site says they are all sold out. Money transferred from my paypal account and they won't answer my emails!!

I love cro cop but he hasnt got that extra bit he had years ago, i dont think he will ever be able to defeat top 5s in the ufc,he was very very close to losing to pat barry, barry had him hurt a couple of times but didnt capitalise, i really cant see any way cro cop will win this one tbh. Going with Mir round 1

So much Mir hate, think it might be jealousy..........

This is something i hear 14-15 year old girls say when someone hates them. And i'll say to you what i would say to them....... don't be silly!

Nobody is jealous of Frank Mir. If MMA fans were really jealous of skilled fighters, there'd be othing but hate for every fighter in the game.

I can understand why people don't like Frank. He's very very smug. He has this way about him that seems to say "I've arrived in the room, everyone look at how awesome i am".

He also seems to have this jock mentallity that Serra was saying Hughes had.

There are many different reasons to love Frank Mir and many different reasons to dislike......... none of them are jealousy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I am really looking forward to this. I'd love Cro Cop to win but I think Mir has more going for him at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I think Cro cop has started training better recently and is having a bit of a return to form, is that enough to beat a bigger stronger Mir i dont know.
    I sure as hell would love to see Cro Cop kick his head off though (even though i actually like Frank Mir). Mirco is an icon in the sport and id love to see him beat someone up again.

As someone said before heart says Mirco head says Mir.

• Advertisement

it's a bit strange Cro Cop got this fight. I mean odds are stacked against him and he needs wins if he wants to stay in the UFC. He struggled with Pat Barry and now he's fighting Mir. I'd say he jumped at the opportunity when Nog pulled out tho so fair play to him. Hope we see a good fight. Oh, and I hope Bader kicks the SHIITE outta lil nog!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chirps the Gran

Mir is gonna block a few head kicks, catch one, take Cro Cop to the mat and send Brock a message. 1st round kimura from side control- watch this space!

Mir is gonna block a few head kicks, catch one, take Cro Cop to the mat and send Brock a message. 1st round kimura from side control- watch this space!

What message? "If you throw a Head-Kick at me, i'll catch it and take you down"??

For some reason, i don't think Brock would be too worried about that particular scenario!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chirps the Gran

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What message? "If you throw a Head-Kick at me, i'll catch it and take you down"??

For some reason, i don't think Brock would be too worried about that particular scenario!

Nah, not that message. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Assuming Mir and Cro Cop both bring the usual form that they do these days, I predict that Mir will probably beat him via decision.
    If Cro Cop brings his usual form and Mir, on the hand, decides to use his BJJ black belt for something other than holding up his trousers, then Mir will probably get an early sub.
    If the fire re-ignites in Cro Cop, and Mir hasn't realized that he isn't, in fact, a top level boxer, then Cro cop will knock him out before the last bell.
    If both guys bring what they're really capable of (and Mir plays to his strengths), then it will be a real cracker.

Tough to call.

Wacker wrote: »
    Assuming Mir and Cro Cop both bring the usual form that they do these days, I predict that Mir will probably beat him via decision.
    If Cro Cop brings his usual form and Mir, on the hand, decides to use his BJJ black belt for something other than holding up his trousers, then Mir will probably get an early sub.
    If the fire re-ignites in Cro Cop, and Mir hasn't realized that he isn't, in fact, a top level boxer, then Cro cop will knock him out before the last bell.
    If both guys bring what they're really capable of (and Mir plays to his strengths), then it will be a real cracker.

Tough to call.

When was the last time a Frank Mir fight went the distance? And same goes for cro cop. Nothing against cro cop, amazing inK1 but hasnt impressed in the ufc in the past few years. Only one way this fight is going imo.

Mir totally dominated kongo and nog, 2 men which cro cop would have great difficulty with (and did have with kongo already).
    I know he fell short to Lesnar and Carwin.

Advertisement