Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 450t with Irish topographical map offer

Options
  • 15-08-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I can't decide if this is suitable for bargain alerts or for this forum

The Great Outdoors and 53 degrees north have an offer running till the end of August I think. It consists of the Garmin Oregon 450t with Irish topographical map for €459. I went in to look at this unit and it a very nice small lightweight unit. To buy the Oregon 550t (the next model up it contains a camera) alone is €530 and the maps cost an extra €250. To me this seems like an excellent bargain for the keen hill walker. The handheld displays maps in 3d so you can get an idea of terrain and you can plot your route from the unit or on your pc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

That seems reasonable alright especially if the maps are included with it. I got a 550 from mysatnav recently and it's a great piece of kit, but I'll be darned if I'm spending 250 on the Irish maps seeing as I only paid 140 for them for Viewranger on my phone (though I've just went on to mysatnav to check their price and they do the entire country for 200 instead of 250). I'm using the OSM routable+contours in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

The Dakota 20 does the OS 1:50000 mapping also, (which can be bought for £99 from ebay)

Advertisement