If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice and Quote for New House

Options
  • 15-08-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi Lads,

After spending the last year building a house it is time for the fun part. I spent most of the time confused about what I wanted to put in but after looking at a few of these threads Im starting to get a few ideas.

Firstly I am looking for 2 tv's a Receiver and speakers to control 3 zones. These zones consist of a kitchen with a TV, a siting room with a TV and an outside area. I was looking at this receiver which was recommended in a previous thread

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_m...detail&Pid=457.

I want to it for a sky box, a freesat box, a media player, an ipod and a blue ray player. I want video and audio in the kitchen and sitting room and audio in the outside area. Will this receiver give me this.

I need a 5.1 speaker system for the sitting room, 2 in ceiling speakers for the kitchen and two outside speakers for the outside area.

Do you think this set up will be ok and if so can you quote me for all the above along with 40" led 3D telly and a 37" LED tv and a freesat box.

Secondly Im looking for a av receiver and 5.1 speaker system along with cable for a second room. I already have a Tv and playstation 3 for this room. What is the best value system you have for this.

Hope I haven't confused you to much. I know I definitely have confused myself

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

OllieMc wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

After spending the last year building a house it is time for the fun part. I spent most of the time confused about what I wanted to put in but after looking at a few of these threads Im starting to get a few ideas.

Firstly I am looking for 2 tv's a Receiver and speakers to control 3 zones. These zones consist of a kitchen with a TV, a siting room with a TV and an outside area. I was looking at this receiver which was recommended in a previous thread

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_m...detail&Pid=457.

I want to it for a sky box, a freesat box, a media player, an ipod and a blue ray player. I want video and audio in the kitchen and sitting room and audio in the outside area. Will this receiver give me this.

I need a 5.1 speaker system for the sitting room, 2 in ceiling speakers for the kitchen and two outside speakers for the outside area.

Do you think this set up will be ok and if so can you quote me for all the above along with 40" led 3D telly and a 37" LED tv and a freesat box.

Secondly Im looking for a av receiver and 5.1 speaker system along with cable for a second room. I already have a Tv and playstation 3 for this room. What is the best value system you have for this.

Hope I haven't confused you to much. I know I definitely have confused myself

Ollie - thanks for the post - the link you listed is just to the main Denon home page - do you know which model you were looking at - if you can revert with the model number I'll give you pricing & advice asap.

Thanks again and congrats on finishing the house,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

John,

I think the OP intended to use this link for the Denon AVR3311: http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_main.php?main=prod&ver=&MID=3&sub=1&action=detail&Pid=457, mentioned in advice given on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055991201 .

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 OllieMc

Thats the one alright the AV3311.

Thanks Ritz for clarifying that.

Thats the one alright the AV3311.

Thanks Ritz for clarifying that.

Thanks Ritzy!

AVR3311 - mmmm tasty! :p,

Yep this beast is now available from stock and it really is as good as all the rumours about it were - it's a beast but it also sounds amazing!

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7042

It will power up to 3 zones and it also will output HDMI to 2 separate zones - so it really should do exactly what you are looking for!

Here is a quote for the 1st part of the system:

Denon AVR3311 - Main AV Receiver
    5.1 Speaker system for Sitting room: Monitor Audio Radius 90HD / 360HD System ( 2 pairs R90HD / 1 * R180HD Centre / 1 * R360HD Subwoofer)
    In-Ceiling speakers for kitchen: Monitor Audio SC165 * 2
    Outside speakers: Monitor Audio Climate 10 * 2 (including brackets)

The retail price of this system should be £2490 - I can do you a Boardie special at £2099.95 if you went for the whole system ;).

On the TV & Freesat HD STB front - now that we have pretty much the whole Philips range now available I really cannot recommend them highly enough - the new LED series really are excellent!

The 40PFL5605 is excellent at value at €899.95 (and if you twist my arm I can probably do you a boardie price on that ;)) - see the specs here: http://philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf - It's a Full HD 1080P 100hz LED and the PQ is really excellent!

The 40PFL7605 however really does add a huge raft of amazing features & quality upgrades that are really worthwhile (especially if you are going to match it with an amazing receiver like the AVR3311) http://philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40PFL7605h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    - however of course real quality does have a price - the 40" 7605 retails at €1299.99 but I'm currently doing a special for Boardies only at €1099.99 and that is available from stock at the moment. (All these TV's include a two year warranty as standard of course)

On the 37" front - again the 5 series - 37PFL5605 (LCD) is Full HD 1080p & 100hz, http://philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/37pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf we can do this at a mad €599.99 and you can partner this with the Sagemcom DTR94250 at just €219.99.

On the secondary 5.1 receiver & speaker system - I would recommend the Onkyo HTS3305 http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3305/onky-hts3305-blk which is a great budget 5.1 separates system including 5.1 speakers, Subwoofer and a decent 5.1 Receiver - we can do this at £299.95 / €374.99 or if you would like a step up in quality we can also do the stunning HTS6305 with the radically upgraded receiver at just £449.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts6305/onky-hts6305.

If you decided to go for the whole lot including the following:

Denon AVR3311
    Monitor Audio Radius 90HD Satellites * 2 pairs
    Monitor Audio Radius 180HD Centre speaker * 1
    Monitor Audio Radius 360HD Subwoofer * 1
    Monitor Audio Climate 10 outdoor speakers * 1 pair
    Monitor Audio SC165 in-ceiling speakers * 1 pair

Philips 40PFL7605 40" LED * 1
    Philips 37PFL5405 37" LCD * 1
    Sagemcom DTR94250 - 250GB Twin tuner Freesat HD Receiver * 1

Onkyo HTS6305 Receiver & 5.1 Speaker pack * 1

Total retail should be £4830 - Your special Boardie price would be £3999.95 - not a bad saving?? and we have everything in stock and ready to go here...

However if you do need an alternative quote please just drop me a line and I'll happily try to work to any budget (especially a huge big budget :D:D)

Thanks again and give me a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response and detailed quote.

Ok where do I start. Everything you have mentioned has really tempted me but my budget is gone through the roof. Im going to try and knock it back a bit.

The AVR3311 is a must I think so that has to stay. I think the 5.1 speakers will have to be downgraded for now. I forgot to add earlier the room is prewired and the speakers are high on the wall so Im looking for something compact. What have you got which is less costly. Would the Boston MCS100 (No 42 on your clearance list) be any good.

The phillips 7 series tellys look the biz and the 40" will have to stay. Im tempted to upgrade the 37" to a 7 series. What would this cost.

Now to decide between the Onkyo HTS6305 and the HTS3305. Damn you John I dont need the bigger receiver but Im awfully tempted. What do I get in the HTS6305 to justify the higher price.

Finally, are the 7 series tellys and free to air box compatible with the RTE free to air when it comes on line

Ps. Can you breakdown the qoute for each individual item and let me know what warranty's are with them

Regards

OllieMc

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response and detailed quote.

Ok where do I start. Everything you have mentioned has really tempted me but my budget is gone through the roof. Im going to try and knock it back a bit.

The AVR3311 is a must I think so that has to stay. I think the 5.1 speakers will have to be downgraded for now. I forgot to add earlier the room is prewired and the speakers are high on the wall so Im looking for something compact. What have you got which is less costly. Would the Boston MCS100 (No 42 on your clearance list) be any good.

The phillips 7 series tellys look the biz and the 40" will have to stay. Im tempted to upgrade the 37" to a 7 series. What would this cost.

Now to decide between the Onkyo HTS6305 and the HTS3305. Damn you John I dont need the bigger receiver but I'm awfully tempted. What do I get in the HTS6305 to justify the higher price.

Finally, are the 7 series tellys and free to air box compatible with the RTE free to air when it comes on line

Ps. Can you breakdown the qoute for each individual item and let me know what warranty's are with them

Regards

OllieMc

Ollie,

thanks again for the comprehensive post & yes the MCS100 honestly really is an excellent 5.1 speaker system (even at £399.95 - at £175 -it's a complete bargain!) If you want to see what a REAL audio sales guy should be like as well as an MCS100 review have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVfWUmbE5s

The '76' series from the new Philips range really is seriously mega and I would strongly agree with you going for the '76' series over the '56' series.

40PFL7605: Normally €1299.99 - Boardie special €1099.99
    37PFL7605: €979.99

On the FTA MPEG4 issue - yes of course - All Philips TV's are ready for MPEG4.

On the HTS3305 v's HTS6305 - again I have to say that the price difference really is justified - however both are excellent systems - if it meant taking the 3305 to afford the 37 7605 - I would go for the 37PFL7605 every day of the week - however in spec terms again the HTS6305 is head & shoulders above the 3305 - the main difference is that the HTS6305 includes an Ipod dock - and (this is the important bit) it's 100watt amps on board as oppossed to 85 watt amps with the 3305 - the 6305 system uses a TXSR508 receiver as opposed to the 308 which comes with the 3305 system:

Onkyo HTS3305: £299.95
    Onkyo HTS6305: £449.95

Here is a total list of products & prices:

Denon AVR3311 AV Receiver - £1100 / €1339 - 2 Year warranty
    Boston MCS100 5.1 speaker package - £174.95 / €209.99 - 1 year warranty
    Philips 40PFL7605 LED TV - €1099.99 - 2 Year warranty
    Philips 37PFL7605 LED TV - €979.99- 2 Year warranty
    Fresat 250GB Box - £169.95 / €209.99- 2 Year warranty

Sitting room:
    Onkyo HTS6305 5.1 System including speakers: £449.95 / €549.99- 2 Year warranty
    Monitor Audio SC165 in-ceiling speakers * 2: £159.95 / €199.99 - 2 Year warranty

Outside:
    Monitor Audio Climate 10 outdoor speakers * 2: £199.95 / €239.99 - 2 Year warranty

Total price = €4859.92
    Boardie special price = €4499.99

It's pretty much all available from stock at the moment - just drop us a line if we can assist or if you would like anything reserved for you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Again John thanks for the prompt reply.

Ok, Im going to have to wind back a bit, Im getting carried away with myself.

I have to cut the the amount Im spending

I have two options.

1. By some of the stuff now and leave one of the rooms to be fitted out later in the year. or

2. Reduce the cost of the equipment.

Ill try 2 first. Just a query about the 3311. I understand this is a serious bit of equipment but is it really what I need. Something I dont understand about it is, it is fitted for 7.1 speakers so Im presumming 8 speakers are attached to it. If I use 6 of these for the 5.1 setup and 2 for the kitchen, where do I plug in the 2 speakers for the outside zone. Also I understand that It gives of hdmi to 2 zones but am I correct in thinking it only provides 5.1 sound to one of these zones.

With this in mind I was thinking maybe a lesser AV Receiver would do if I attached a speaker switch to it. Then I would have my surround sound and top picture in the sitting room and audio in the rest of the rooms.

What do you think of this. Have you any recommendations for a Receiver with Video in one zone, audio in another and can have a speaker switch attached. I also like the idea of it having the ethernet port.

Sorry for bothering you but I think this will clear everything up for me

Again John thanks for the prompt reply.

Ok, Im going to have to wind back a bit, Im getting carried away with myself.

I have to cut the the amount Im spending

I have two options.

1. By some of the stuff now and leave one of the rooms to be fitted out later in the year. or

2. Reduce the cost of the equipment.

Ill try 2 first. Just a query about the 3311. I understand this is a serious bit of equipment but is it really what I need. Something I dont understand about it is, it is fitted for 7.1 speakers so Im presumming 8 speakers are attached to it. If I use 6 of these for the 5.1 setup and 2 for the kitchen, where do I plug in the 2 speakers for the outside zone. Also I understand that It gives of hdmi to 2 zones but am I correct in thinking it only provides 5.1 sound to one of these zones.

With this in mind I was thinking maybe a lesser AV Receiver would do if I attached a speaker switch to it. Then I would have my surround sound and top picture in the sitting room and audio in the rest of the rooms.

What do you think of this. Have you any recommendations for a Receiver with Video in one zone, audio in another and can have a speaker switch attached. I also like the idea of it having the ethernet port.

Sorry for bothering you but I think this will clear everything up for me

Ollie,

no problem at all bothering me - that's why we are here!

I have been sniffing around for you - and I'm not sure if this would fit your spec but we will try anyway and you can say yeah or nea..

The new Yamaha RXV667 is a multi zone receiver - it will play 5.1 audio in one zone with HDMI output and you can play a separate audio source in a second zone (without using messy speaker switches) however the video in zone 2 will be the same as zone one (this can be wired using component or composite direct from the 667) if this suited the main unit I can certaintly vouch for the quality of the unit and at just £409.95 it really is excellent value:

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7069

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7070

Alternatively (and this is one I really like!) for slightly more money what about the excellent new Pioneer VSX-920 at £499.95?

Again this has an active second zone - but the control of that second zone is a complete doddle thanks to the amazing ipod/itouch app that comes free with the unit - this gives you true control over all the main functions of the receiver for both the main and 2nd zones from anywhere in your home once you have a wi-fi network - the 920 is also of course ethernet ready and has internet radio as an added bonus;

here is a pic of one of the app control screens:

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6716

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7071

(as an aside I'll post a thread on the whole new Yamaha RXV AV Receiver range over the next couple of days)

Keep me posted if either of these options grab your fancy - for a tiny bit of compromise I really feel that either of these will do a great job for you and save you ££££'s

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John.

I love the look of the pioneer receiver.
    I've decided to leave one of the rooms until everything is finished so this is the qoute I'm looking for.

The pioneer receiver
    The 40" 7 series
    A 32" 7 series. (changed from 37")
    The ceiling and outdoor speakers.
    The Boston 5.1 speakers

I'm going to leave the rest until later in the year when hopefully I can wrangle a new budget

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey OllieMc.

Just want to check if this got sorted for you or not?

If not let me know and we can get the ball rolling for you! ;)

• Advertisement

Nope. Still waiting for the last qoute

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi OllieMc.

Again apologies for the delay!

Prices would be as follows:

The pioneer receiver - Pioneer VSX-920 at £499.95 / 624.99 Euro

The 40" 7 series - 40PFL7605: - Boardie special €1099.99 / £879.99

A 32" 7 series - 32PFL7605 priced at 769.99 Euro / £615.99

Monitor Audio SC165 in-ceiling speakers * 2: £159.95 / €199.99 - 2 Year warranty

Monitor Audio Climate 10 outdoor speakers * 2: £199.95 / €239.99 - 2 Year warranty

Boston SoundWare XS 5.1 priced at £319.95 / 399.99 Euro

I think thats all the items. All the above items are in stock and ready to go!!

Let me know what you think :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.