Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung TV - lines

• 15-08-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I bought a samsung flatscreen for my Dad a couple of years back, but in the past few months green/red lines have been appearing along the side of the TV. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fixable?

DSC00102.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pele10

A thick black line started appearing on my 50" Samsung TV back in July. Brought it to approved Engineer and it is ******. They got a new part in but it made no difference. There is just a fault in the screen, not worth fixing as it would cost the same as new TV. I bought it just under 2 years ago and there was a one year warranty. The Engineer has been onto several people in Samsung to see if there is anything they will do as its a fault in the tv. A joke after paying over 1k for it. If they dont sort it I will never touch another Samsung product and will be ensuring everyone I know will do likewise.

The picture of mine is in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055979634

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

This thread might be of interest. You can also ask for your own advice in the Consumer Issues Forum.

eddiem74 wrote: »
    This thread might be of interest. You can also ask for your own advice in the Consumer Issues Forum.

Thanks a million, I am getting a report done by engineer and will be bringing it back to powercity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What model of Samsung does your Dad have?

pele10 wrote: »
    Thanks a million, I am getting a report done by engineer and will be bringing it back to powercity.

Happy to report Powercity and Samsung will be resolving the issue by replacing the screen at no cost to me (700 quid):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

pele10 wrote: »
    Happy to report Powercity and Samsung will be resolving the issue by replacing the screen at no cost to me (700 quid):):)

Well done ! :D

Advertisement