Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GnR gig cancellation untrue? Yes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Is this for real?????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

it just may be :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Bugger. (Subscribing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Pffffft. Knew something like this would happen! Besides it's not really Guns'n'Roses is it? It's like "Axl and the Guns", or "Axl'n'Roses". A cover band, that's what I'm trying to get at!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Not cool. They've been touring since January, he can't go another couple of weeks? Now I have to get my boyf another birthday present. Thanks a lot Axl...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

With a bit of luck this will be the end of this nonsense ... he's a ****in joke , draggin the good name of the debut GnR album through various fields of mud at this stage ...

.... ooooooohhhhh Alex , hard man - with a Hollywood facelift - real hard yawn. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

RayCon wrote: »

.... ooooooohhhhh Alex , hard man - with a Hollywood facelift - real hard yawn. :rolleyes:

Whos alex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Not cool. They've been touring since January, he can't go another couple of weeks? Now I have to get my boyf another birthday present. Thanks a lot Axl...

If he can't even do a 2 hour gig without having to take a break every 10 minutes, I'd say there's a good chance he can't handle a full tour

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Surely if dates are cancelled there would be a bit more information than a couple of lines on Twitter? There's nothing on the official Guns N' Roses site or Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

This totally sucks if true. All kinds of speculation on the GNR forums... Bumblefoot said this would all be sorted within 48hours, others are saying Axl's twitter was hacked (although, surely the other band members would have said to ignore the Axl tweet) and other reports of some incident at the Sturgis show between Bumblefoot and Axl.

I guess we can only wait and see how it all plays out....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Did enough tickets get sold? The prices really put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

just heard it announced on the radio,says axel put it on twitter and the likes that all dates are cancelled and fans should seek refunds .

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

According to CD.com it appears that his account was hacked. The clues are in the spelling of 'cancelled' there's only one L in the US spelling apparently and the tweet was posted from 'mobile web' instead of Axl's usual 'Twitter for iPhone'.

Plus this from another gnr forum:

ADMIN @ MYGNR:::

6:15PM Sunday August 15th

Got a call form the GNR camp, according to them no dates are cancelled.

They said there was a password issue with Axl's twitter and are looking into getting this fixed and removing the message.

As for the previous post's content. There was absolutely no mention about bumblefoot leaving left the band.

whodunnit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What a waste of a hack, saying you're cancelling gigs when people wouldn't be that surprised!!

If i had hacked him i would have made it much more interesting, his tweet would have been as follows "After years of denial i'm finally coming out of the closet and admit that GnR split up due to my infatuation wit Slash"

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

This absolutely sucks......Axl's such a bloody drama queen,I've been have a tough time recently and was planning to get my standing ticket on toutless.com and to enjoy this gig ......****!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

This absolutely sucks......Axl's such a bloody drama queen,I've been have a tough time recently and was planning to get my standing ticket on toutless.com and to enjoy this gig ......****!!!!!!

Did ya not see the part where his account was hacked and this is totally untrue??

Well im hoping that this is complete bull****,and his account was hacked because in true GNR fashion this rumour has snowballed and could ruin the tour if the ginger one himself doesn't get it sorted! On the GnR fansites and there official facebook it has been denied but still no official word from the promotors or Axl...its a waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Thankfully this was all just a false alarm. Heard about it last night but reserved judgement and said nothing. As someone who works in the Media you get a kind of instinctive impression that news this big wouldn't drop from just one source, albeit the main source, on a quiet Sunday evening.

Until we see MCD officially cancel the gig I wouldn't worry. Sky News and Gigwise have seriously jumped the gun.

It might have been someone severely pissed off with their performance on Friday - which wasn't Axl's fault by the way - there was a serious technical problem that prevented the band getting on stage and performing at all for 90 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

:D Actually I didn't....God I hope his account was hacked!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Thankfully this was all just a false alarm. Heard about it last night but reserved judgement and said nothing. As someone who works in the Media you get a kind of instinctive impression that news this big wouldn't drop from just one source, albeit the main source, on a quiet Sunday evening.

Until we see MCD officially cancel the gig I wouldn't worry. Sky News and Gigwise have seriously jumped the gun.

It might have been someone severely pissed off with their performance on Friday - which wasn't Axl's fault by the way - there was a serious technical problem that prevented the band getting on stage and performing at all for 90 minutes

Like yoursefl dude seen it last night woke up this morning bout ****in 5 txts from people sayin the gig was cancelled really gotta love the internet,only in gnr world would this happen..

IMO that's exactly how something like this would happen, an announcement direct from AXL, then a day spent with no official denial from any official outlets (Management, Record Company) because they themselves can't contact the ginger one to see if he's flipped again.

The guy is a total looper and a waste of space

scudzilla wrote: »
    IMO that's exactly how something like this would happen, an announcement direct from AXL, then a day spent with no official denial from any official outlets (Management, Record Company) because they themselves can't contact the ginger one to see if he's flipped again.

A bit harsh, imo. Ok, he's thrown the toys out of the pram in the past, but he's been having a great time on this tour both on and off stage.

RVD420 wrote: »
    A bit harsh, imo. Ok, he's thrown the toys out of the pram in the past, but he's been having a great time on this tour both on and off stage.

Like the way he's only wit the band onstage and travels seperately everywhere

Harsh. He is a good performer, whether he turns up on time or on the clock, and he can still perform alongside the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Like the way he's only wit the band onstage and travels seperately everywhere

that's pretty standard for big artists/bands Scud - the days of people travelling together and loving spending every moment together are long gone.....

to be honest for me he was always the heart of G'n'R and therefore I'm always interested to see him perform.....and as much trouble as he caused within the band he's certainly not 100% of the problem........the other guys all had their issues which led to the problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

OP you should change the thread name to Guns n Roses gig NOT cancelled.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

This is just like the whole Metallica coming to Dublin thing. Just rumors which are untrue. Lucikly the Metallica rumor wisened me up to expect sh!t like this in future, so I didn't take it serious

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    This is just like the whole Metallica coming to Dublin thing. Just rumors which are untrue. Lucikly the Metallica rumor wisened me up to expect sh!t like this in future, so I didn't take it serious

In fairness, there was no real Metallica coming to Dublin rumour, since anyone could have posted that gig listing on Metal Ireland and nowhere else porported to give information to say they were coming to Ireland in September or at any time in the near future.

As with Guns N Roses, there was no rumour about it, someone hacked Axl Rose's Twitter account and posted a message - and since the media have adopted Twitter accounts as gospel in the past, they did it this time...my own mother even phoned me and said she'd heard on the news on Today FM that they'd cancelled the gig. So people took his Twitter as gospel, but the account was hacked, and it wasn't really a rumour as opposed to some kid posting something on Wikipedia or your mate's friend telling you that something happened

Advertisement