Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONFUSING QUESTION ABOUT JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE?

Options
  • 15-08-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been a student of a PLC course for the past two years. My course finished on June 4th this year so i signed on the dole as i am not a student now! i have been looking for work and signing on each month since then but have only just done the means test so have not received any money as yet. I have now decided that I want to go back to college this September to study a new course at University!

Does this mean that when i tell the social welfare office that i have decided to go back they will not give me any money that i have coming from during the summer?

Thanks , :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

IMC042 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been a student of a PLC course for the past two years. My course finished on June 4th this year so i signed on the dole as i am not a student now! i have been looking for work and signing on each month since then but have only just done the means test so have not received any money as yet. I have now decided that I want to go back to college this September to study a new course at University!

Does this mean that when i tell the social welfare office that i have decided to go back they will not give me any money that i have coming from during the summer?

Thanks , :cool:

Wondered something similar myself - like if someone was looking for work for 6 months while waiting for their claim to be processed and then gets full-time work, do they still get the money for those 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

tommy21 wrote: »
    Wondered something similar myself - like if someone was looking for work for 6 months while waiting for their claim to be processed and then gets full-time work, do they still get the money for those 6 months?

Well I'm sure your case is different tommy21, you should definately get all of your back money as you are going into employment and not into education. As for me, I'm really confused as to the answer! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Anyone have an answer??

Advertisement