Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone looking to do psychology?

• 15-08-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just wondering because all of my courses I applied for which is 9 and a plc are psychology based.

Anyone got any ideas about points etc?

General ideas because I havnt seen a thread about psychology yet.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Have psychology down as a second choice in UCD. Kinda regretting not putting it down as my first choice but anyways... I think the applicants for DN054 (UCD) are up like 10% from last year which probably means about a 5/10 point increase. I know alot of people applying for psychology and I would be surprised if all courses didnt go up about 5/10 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 calzini

Have psychology in UCD down as my first choice... Been looking everywhere to see if the points are supposed to increase by much but no articles seem to mention psychology, just "other health sectors"? D'you think that includes psychology? It would hardly go up by 20 points would it :/? Got 520 and assumed I was safe as everyone who got 500 last year got in but getting a bit anxious now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 aoife005

I'm so anxious about mine. Psych and sociology which was 470/475 last year. I got 485... How do you think I'm fixed? :( Only 25 places in the course. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Just thought this was worth a mention, I was thinking of putting psychology down myself at one stage. DCU are starting a psychology course this year, meaning there are now more overall places for psychology, which might take up some of the high point applicants. I wouldn't worry too much about points rising if I were you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

calzini wrote: »
    Have psychology in UCD down as my first choice... Been looking everywhere to see if the points are supposed to increase by much but no articles seem to mention psychology, just "other health sectors"? D'you think that includes psychology? It would hardly go up by 20 points would it :/? Got 520 and assumed I was safe as everyone who got 500 last year got in but getting a bit anxious now!
    I'd imagine psychology would be considered a science? Wouldn't really answer your question though... Although I'd say you'd be grand with 510. After the CAO applications in febuary UCD released figures applying for their courses and said that there was 10% increase in applications for DN054.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Have psychology TSM down myself which was 560 random selection last year. I don't see it going up... I hope :(

Advertisement