Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Photo Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Caption anyone?

5605638262_38a1e8fc60.jpg

And then this is what I love about lower Sunday league ... crowded sideline and the lino takes up an odd vantage point

5606681712_08de12b39b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

chici.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

:p

If your going to make a banner make sure you have everything right

separated.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

C_71_article_1132137_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Fighting a losing battle with that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

City-Fan-Rooney1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Is that Stephen Ireland?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

HERNANDEZ.jpg

JI.jpg

rou.jpg

RROOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rooney has a terrible habit of looking like he wants to give a blowjob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

mars bar wrote: »
    Rooney has a terrible habit of looking like he wants to give a blowjob.

On that note this one dont look much better.

29583461.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Nothing special about those Football Club of Manchester pictures really, is there? Generic celebratory snaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Its not everyday you beat your rivals for a place in the semi finals of the biggest club competition around. Those pictures convey the excitement and sense of achievement associated with that. Great Pics. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Nothing special about those Football Club of Manchester pictures really, is there? Generic celebratory snaps.

Been thinking that too.

Far too many pics in this thread that are Man Utd players celebrating goals. Pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

1.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

tumblrl0vy64ewk21qa3zfv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

From todays memorial at Anfield - An emotional Rafa Benitez gets a thank you from Margaret Aspinall (HJC)

610x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Whats the obsession with Hernandez in this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From todays memorial at Anfield - An emotional Rafa Benitez gets a thank you from Margaret Aspinall (HJC)

610x.jpg

I never knew Haley(the half man, half woman one;)) from Cornation Street was a Liverpool fan.:D

See above Rafa person in black top

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

I never knew Haley(the half man, half woman one;)) from Cornation Street was a Liverpool fan.:D

Hahaha Great Find!:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Grow up ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Mister men wrote: »
    Grow up ffs

Relax ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Whats the obsession with Hernandez in this thread?

He's a pretty little fúcker.

Grow up ffs

Completely agree with this sentiment. Some people seriously just need to grow up. Like, I think you've said it all there

Relax ffs
    Today is a pretty awful day for Liverpool football club tbh so no i won't relax ffs. Poster made a stupid childish comment on a picture showing events at a memorial service for 96 people who died at a football match. It's not a laughing matter.

Today is a pretty awful day for Liverpool football club tbh so no i won't relax ffs. Poster made a stupid childish comment on a picture showing events at a memorial service for 96 people who died at a football match. It's not a laughing matter.

Humour is subjective etc etc. Can't expect everyone to sypathise. We're not all going to pretend we were there that day. Some of us weren't even born.

The Bowiz unleashed

506449.jpg

506456.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

LOL talk about overreacting. He made a post about someones appearance. He didn't mock the people who died, he didn't laugh at the events which occurred many years ago or anything like that. Don't be so touchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Acting offended just for the sake of it FTW.

Humour is subjective etc etc. Can't expect everyone to sypathise. We're not all going to pretend we were there that day. Some of us weren't even born.

The Bowiz unleashed

506449.jpg

506456.jpg

Is that Anto Flood!?

Stupid? Nope it was actually quiet clever
    Childish? Perhaps but then can't a grown man crying be interpreted as childish?
    As for a laughing matter, well the deaths are not. Obviously. But he made no reference to the fact it was a Hillsborough thing, it could so easily have been a photo of Rafa getting the sack, or Liverpool losing, or getting relegated. So get off your high horse, chill the fcuk out and just enjoy the damn good photos in this thread. Like a good little boy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Grow up ffs

I love the way you made a big deal out of something simple and made me out to be something that im not.

Take a chill pill.

Anyway back to pictures.

• Advertisement

The Bowiz unleashed

506449.jpg

506456.jpg
    So you don't sympathize with what happened that day fair enough. At least we all know where you stand.

So you don't sympathize with what happened that day fair enough. At least we all know where you stand.

Poor choice of words considering what you're complaining about, but we will accept your apology and continue with this thread

So shoot me. I feel no emotional connection to the events of that day, the deaths it caused or the lives that it changed. Im not going to pretend to be upset for the sake of a few thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

So shoot me. I feel no emotional connection to the events of that day, the deaths it caused or the lives that it changed. Im not going to pretend to be upset for the sake of a few thanks.

Thats why people sympathize because they have no emotional connection but realised its an unfortunate situation.

If you were emotionally attached you would be empathizing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

So why comment on it in the first place?

Hillsborough was tragedy that relative to the size of the cities, was to the City of Liverpool what 9/11 was to New York. What makes it all the more poignant though, both to this forum and the football fans as a whole is that it was a football related tragedy

It may have been 22 years ago, and may have happened to the fans of a club you have no allegiance to, but any football fan can surey sympathise with families of the bereaved. I wasent there, nor do I know anyone who was, but there are people on here who did. Personally I have great sympathy for anyone who lost a friend or family member that day.

I've seen both on this forum and other's, as well as on twitter etc fans and players of rival clubs paying their respects to the victims of the disaster. The point is that it's something that supersseds club rivalries and something that could have happened to the fans of any club. If you have no sympathy, thats fine, but why not then stay quiet on the issue.

puts it in perspective
    tumblr_ljp81baFtu1qgibz7o1_400.jpg

• Advertisement

tommyhaas wrote: »
    So why comment on it in the first place?

Hillsborough was tragedy that relative to the size of the cities, was to the City of Liverpool what 9/11 was to New York. What makes it all the more poignant though, both to this forum and the football fans as a whole is that it was a football related tragedy

It may have been 22 years ago, and may have happened to the fans of a club you have no allegiance to, but any football fan can surey sympathise with families of the bereaved. I wasent there, nor do I know anyone who was, but there are people on here who did. Personally I have great sympathy for anyone who lost a friend or family member that day.

I've seen both on this forum and other's, as well as on twitter etc fans and players of rival clubs paying their respects to the victims of the disaster. The point is that it's something that supersseds club rivalries and something that could have happened to the fans of any club. If you have no sympathy, thats fine, but why not then stay quiet on the issue.

He wasn't commenting on Hillsborough he was commenting on a woman in a picture. Someone decided to get anal and take it completely the wrong way just for the sake of looking like they cared to new extremes.

I sympathise with the families who lost people but it was 22 years ago. I'm not saying they shouldn't pay their respects to the victims or anything like that but that's a long time. Many more people have died since then and I sympathise with anyone who has lost somebody close to them. The fact of the matter is though I don't have any emotional connection with these people or know them personally and as a result I'm not going to pretend like I care, just like the poster who commented on the picture. I don't have any connection with people in Liverpool, New York, Baghdad etc. These things happen and people move on.

You can say why bother posting or whatever if i'm not commiserating but I'm posting on the guys behalf who was simply laughing at someones doppelgänger. It has escalated to a ridiculous number of posts now considering nothing offensive was said in any way.

Leave it out and post some pictures if you have them. I'm out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

jive wrote: »

Leave it out and post some pictures if you have them. I'm out!

Exactly, lets get back to Photos lads.

Raul in amongst the Schalke fans after beating Inter.
    raul_fanblock_dpa_512.jpg

article-1377555-0BA85B9500000578-409_634x391.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Dub13 wrote: »
    I have been thinking about this for a while and it may be a good idea and hopefully make a good thread.We are all aware that the football world turns out thousands of photos a week most of them crap,but some are gems and need to spread.So to keep this flowing a couple of rules....

1)Your Pic must be football related.

2)It must be current as in this season.

3)No chat,if you like a pic thank it.

4)1 pic per post.

5)Don't post without a Pic.

Dub13

ap-900193790dd84b4fbc8e1b0741eb75a4.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Manchester-City-v-Manchester-United-FA-Cup-Ma_2586530.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

img00137201104161921.jpg

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

01-bALSOSPLASH_RIO_1293482a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

@TangyZizzle:
    205785_205280616161129_100000375766034_624837_4981279_n1.jpg

Bloke on the ground looks like Roberto Lopez, someone tell me who took the above photo so I can credit it, was put on a Bohs group on Facebook.

Great night for a Dublin derby
    INPHO_00504929.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

1302992113extrasportada.jpg

Messi kicking the ball at Real Madrid fans, ala Rio Ferdinand. In the pic the ball is coming back from the fans.

Not sure why Im being referenced in the above post, but WHAT a pic. There was at least 80 people standing on the ground in front of the last two blocks.. and in the stands - two people per seat and no stairs to be seen. Loved it. It was anarchy that end of the Jodi when the goal went in. I know its been referenced in another thread, but I didnt see any of the Bohs fans scuffling with gards/stewards. But I DID see a few Rovers heads bouncin off the Gards when Bohs scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Not sure why Im being referenced in the above post, but WHAT a pic. It was anarchy that end of the Jodi when the goal went in. There was at least 80 people standing on the ground in front of the stand.. and in the stands - two people per seat and no stairs to be seen. Loved it.

You were the one posting the pics of the Bohs fans earlier (I think :P) That was a photo just before the ones you posted.

Grand so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

akward looking hug :o

_52205605_drogba_torres_464getty.jpg

Mannus has second thoughts about running the pitch.

215357_10150544224315858_62673060857_18296722_824985_n.jpg

What's this banner about?

216815_10150544241945858_62673060857_18296990_6264454_n.jpg

13_4dab27bb86303522089243.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement