If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Remote Control

Options
  • 16-08-2010 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Howdo guys hope all is going well.
    Just wanted to give a shout about a universal remote control, six remote is finally taking its toll on me!
    I haven't really done much research on them but thinking along the lines of a logitech harmony 1000 or maybe a pronto.Also need to get the second length of monitor Pure Biwire of ye too.Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

F.Galway wrote: »
    Howdo guys hope all is going well.
    Just wanted to give a shout about a universal remote control, six remote is finally taking its toll on me!
    I haven't really done much research on them but thinking along the lines of a logitech harmony 1000 or maybe a pronto.Also need to get the second length of monitor Pure Biwire of ye too.Cheers.

f,

Thanks a million for the post - we are all fine - except Kenny is sill off sick with burst appendix :eek:

I personally use the Philips STR9320 which I think is a vastly underrated remote - I actually have two of them, one upstairs and one downstairs and I absolutely love them - really easy to program, decent sized colour screen and a huge bank of pre-programmed codes - I think the best thing about it is that you really don't have to get your PC out if you want to bung in a new code or macro - you can do it sitting right there on the sofa and in less than 30 secs there the new macro is working - I like simplicity!

And although I use mine every day - I have only had to charge it twice in the last six months - it just seems to run on sunlight!

Here is a link to the specs:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/srt9320_10/srt9320_10_pss_eng.pdf

Here is a pic (does not do it justice): picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7040

We can do it at £109.95 / €136.99.

Thnaks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.