Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party at nimmos pier

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Jamey wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Do ya actually think it's so popular cos' of it's taste? It'ss a different drunk feeling to other drinks...

Really? My feeling would be beeing sick.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Is there an age limit on buckfast? As in if your over 27 it is seen in the same light as a balding, overweight 53 year old driving an open top sports car with '99 red balloons' blarring from the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Buckfast stopped being cool the minute it cost more than a decent bottle of wine.
    That was the whole ethos of Bucky , Get hammered on the cheap.
    Nowdays it's more expensive than a really good bottle of wine ( or two decent ones in Dunnes) so can't see why people still drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

It's insane caffine content is one reason people drink it. Caffine I presume makes your heart beat faster and gets the active ingredient into your skull quicker which then generally results in the user being out of theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

caffeine doesn't make you drunker. And I completely agree that its costs too much to be the drink of knacker drinking choice.

• Advertisement

I wasn't really saying it gets you drunker, I'm saying it gets you drunk quicker due to the caffine speeding up the heart rate? Could be wrong on that.

If there is caffeine in it i guess the result is more like after reb bull with vodka -drunk but alert? :rolleyes:
    I was surprised as well how much it costs -tought its a cheap thing. Nothing better then any Chilean merlot for half price in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Maja wrote: »
    If there is caffeine in it i guess the result is more like after reb bull with vodka -drunk but alert? :rolleyes:
    I was surprised as well how much it costs -tought its a cheap thing. Nothing better then any Chilean merlot for half price in Tesco.

Each bottle of Bucky contains the same caffine content as about 10 Cans of Coke..For some reason there's more caffine in the Irish version 55mg/100ml compared to the Scottish one 35mg/100ml.

Jebus! Knew it was high, didn't realise it was that high. No wonder I went a bit loopy the first (and last) time I drank a bottle.

Each bottle of Bucky contains the same caffine content as about 10 Cans of Coke..For some reason there's more caffine in the Irish version 55mg/100ml compared to the Scottish one 35mg/100ml.

Maybe Scotsmen need less? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Carefull Maja if you overuse the :rolleyes: emoticon you'll end up like James Galway!

Eman Resu wrote: »
    Carefull Maja if you overuse the :rolleyes: emoticon you'll end up like James Galway!

lol at least i know now who he is! :D

(and this emoticon is the only one i like.... :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

The angry emoticon on google chat - i.e. "x-(" - is the best one. He waves his fist and all :-)

Buckfast is horrible anyway, it tastes crap until you cant taste anymore. Red wine is far nicer....

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

I prefer a nice pinot grigio myself

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

I'm a gallo family vinyards man myself...

The angry emoticon on google chat - i.e. "x-(" - is the best one. He waves his fist and all :-)

Buckfast is horrible anyway, it tastes crap until you cant taste anymore. Red wine is far nicer....

To me it tastes like strange (but nice) desert wine or sherry which you would drink with your granny after Sunday dinner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Cab-Sav Muthafookas!!!!!!!

Joyce's are doing one 'Santa Catherina' for a €5-highly recommend it!

Buckie is a great drunk for me personally 'cause when im on a hardcore night pints won't do it and DVRB will have me out on my ass! Buckie is like Goldilock's porridge for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Didnt get told about it, PM next time its on and ill show up. They are legend craic!

Advertisement