Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable mobile phone activated controller for heating system

• 16-08-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am trying to source a simple & reliable controller to turn on/off my heating system via mobile phone. I have searched the forums but most products seem to relate to alarm systems. if i missed one, sorry, but can you please link to it if you know the thread.

also, does anyone have experience with the GD-04 "David" GSM communicator? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hi Bono,

I have one of these - http://www.syxthsense.co.uk/ecommerce2/query_displayproduct.php?productID=1394 and find it works very well. It is a bit on the pricey side but at least the house is warm for kiddies when we get home.

Another thing that I am using in the house is Bye Bye Standby. This uses the internet & remore controls around the house. I find these brilliant and very affordable. Currently I use them for TVs, lamps etc but I have tried the high load ones on the heating system and appears to work fine. Here is the link - http://www.byebyestandby.com/

I hope this info is of use to you.

D.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We have used these in the past. Also expensive, but good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 guy bono

Dummy wrote: »
    Hi Bono,

I have one of these - http://www.syxthsense.co.uk/ecommerce2/query_displayproduct.php?productID=1394 and find it works very well. It is a bit on the pricey side but at least the house is warm for kiddies when we get home.

D. thanks for this - will check it out. Is there a particular timeswitch that you were recommended to use it with? i am putting this in a house that i won't be there all the time so i need to be able to maintain some heat in the house when it gets particularly cold and i am not there. i also then need to be able to give it a blast on demand before i get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 guy bono

koolkid wrote: »
    We have used these in the past. Also expensive, but good.

Thanks - looks more like it's used in industrial applications rather than homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hi Bono,

Our GSM switch went in after the house was built. There was no special timeswitch required. We have use of the timeswitch and the on / off button.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

guy bono wrote: »
    Thanks - looks more like it's used in industrial applications rather than homes?

Its just switching relays. It can be used for anything really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

guy bono wrote: »
    I am trying to source a simple & reliable controller to turn on/off my heating system via mobile phone. I have searched the forums but most products seem to relate to alarm systems. if i missed one, sorry, but can you please link to it if you know the thread.

also, does anyone have experience with the GD-04 "David" GSM communicator? Thanks.

You could use a G-SMART.
    You can get it in borsatec, you would need to ring for a price.

G-smart can function to remote connection/disconnection.
    Relays 2-8 can be connected to any electrical device.
    This means that by sms the user can operate electrical devices remotely, receiving back through sms the confirmation of the correct connection/disconnection.
    It can be used on lights, central heating (temperature control) and alarms

Advertisement