Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim-Jim Nugent

• 16-08-2010 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

So, anyone know what's happenend to JimJim, where is he gone to ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

There is another thread here about Jim Jim and if you look at the posts from Friday, it looks like he is now gone from Breakfast, but I am not sure if he has left 2FM. But he is still on the 2FM site

• Registered Users Posts: 29 1in4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The person who maintains a radio station web site certainly doesn't rush to update it or remove someone's show page the instant they leave.

Apparently he's left RTÉ completely, with the current plan being to concentrate on his stand-up comedy career... Best of luck to him, I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Bard wrote: »
    Apparently he's left RTÉ completely, with the current plan being to concentrate on his stand-up comedy career... Best of luck to him, I say.
    He's brave then. I didn't know he had a stand up comedy career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

He's brave then. I didn't know he had a stand up comedy career.
    you made me laugh lenny:D jim jim was and is not funny, he is more annoying , he had a hissy fit on his facebook page.

• Advertisement

cats.life wrote: »
    he had a hissy fit on his facebook page.
    Yeah, that kinda confused me. If he left of his own accord why the big boo hoo over it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

now i didnt read all about him in the paper today but was he in the shake up for new radio season?

cats.life wrote: »
    now i didnt read all about him in the paper today but was he in the shake up for new radio season?
    The shake out, more like. He quit... allegedley. Spat out his dummy and threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't get his preferred gig by all accounts.

It certainly smacks of making a point of leaving (before he was going to be downgraded or let go anyway). It seems the presenters etc. knew about the new line-up since Monday so this is Jim's way of trying to soften the blow of being 'axed'.

In fairness, if you were a long-serving successful breakfast radio presenter and you learned you were being replaced by Hector Ó'hEochagáin (who's not really a 'radio person', in fairness), wouldn't you walk away from the station before they announce it?

Hector's going to have to up his game and produce something pretty damn good to justify his selection for the national broadcaster's brekkie slot. I can see him having a co-presenter before too long, to be honest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It certainly smacks of making a point of leaving (before he was going to be downgraded or let go anyway). It seems the presenters etc. knew about the new line-up since Monday so this is Jim's way of trying to soften the blow of being 'axed'.

In fairness, if you were a long-serving successful breakfast radio presenter and you learned you were being replaced by Hector Ó'hEochagáin (who's not really a 'radio person', in fairness), wouldn't you walk away from the station before they announce it?

Hector's going to have to up his game and produce something pretty damn good to justify his selection for the national broadcaster's brekkie slot. I can see him having a co-presenter before too long, to be honest...

Hector did quite well in the Late G Ryan's slot when he sat in but that was a short run. As I said earlier I have my doubts that he would be sucessful on a daily show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

So Jim's done with radio altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

2fm just lost a listener. Jim-jim = entertaining, Hector = irritating ("I'm from the country!")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Fago! wrote: »
    So Jim's done with radio altogether?
    Heres hoping.

I think the hint is in the name, Jim Jim ffs, CLOWN.

Useless.

He'll be lucky to get the gig reading the traffic on lyric FM. But God knows the hopeless station that is 98fm will prob employ him :rolleyes:

Sizzler wrote: »
    Heres hoping.

I think the hint is in the name, Jim Jim ffs, CLOWN.

Useless.

He'll be lucky to get the gig reading the traffic on lyric FM. But God knows the hopeless station that is 98fm will prob employ him :rolleyes:

Actually he got the stupid Jim Jim name by Colm Hayes, who is the real clown.

Colm was the experienced DJ when Jim got his break on FM104

To call him useless is a bit harsh.

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Actually he got the stupid Jim Jim name by Colm Hayes, who is the real clown.

Colm was the experienced DJ when Jim got his break on FM104

To call him useless is a bit harsh.
    Fair enough, Hayes is culpable on two counts, a) For labelling the chap with a ridiculous monicor and b) for giving him a break on FM104!

Sorry though the guy isnt funny, he'd be grand at playing music but all that "zany" banter he tries to pull off is poor at best.

I think it's so poor because of the quality of the people around him. The new guy Paddy is proper annoying!!

I think it's so poor because of the quality of the people around him. The new guy Paddy is proper annoying!!
    +1

Another clown!

Seriously how do RTE think these lads are decent enough to be broadcasting? Get the paddy lad back to the sports news, probably at the right level there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Ok folks this is a thread about Jim Jim Nugent. If it becomes abusive I'll close it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Magi11

Fair enough, Hayes is culpable on two counts, a) For labelling the chap with a ridiculous monicor and b) for giving him a break on FM104!

Sorry though the guy isnt funny, he'd be grand at playing music but all that "zany" banter he tries to pull off is poor at best.

Have to agree. The show is just full of the 2 of them constantly interrupting each other with "witty" comments. Their success rate is about 1 in 10. It's really, really, really annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Two lads having a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

I actually liked Colm and Jim Jim when they were on FM104 and followed them to 2fm but was disappointed with them there. My radio won't be going anywhere near 2fm anymore, nothing to listen to there. What a rubbish radio station.

I'll have to listen to breakfast on Today FM, but will be turning down the volume when that clown who does the sport comes on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

From Evening Herald.
    Jim-Jim to clock back on with his old Strawberry crew

Radio star Jim-Jim Nugent looks to be heading back to his former FM104 Strawberry Alarm Clock home after dramatically quitting 2fm this week.

The Herald can reveal how a major shake-up of the FM104 schedule is under way, with staff expected to be informed of changes later today.

Among those facing the chop are current presenters of The Strawberry Alarm Clock, Jim McCabe and Niamh Crowley, who are expected to lose their slot at the helm of the show.

The pair, who co-host the show each weekday morning from 6-10am, are said to be in jeopardy after there was no significant increase in the programme's ratings in the latest JNLR figures.

It is not clear yet if FM104 boss Margaret Nelson will move Jim and Niamh to a different slot or if they will continue working side by side. Niamh first began working on the show in 2002 when she was given the role of a contributor alongside Jim-Jim and his former co-star Colm Hayes, remaining on the airwaves with them until 2004.

"Niamh and Jim [McCabe] have already been told that the presenter line-up on the Strawberry Alarm Clock is changing but they do not know for definite yet what form it will take," said a station insider.

"They have been warned not to discuss it until an official announcement is made.

Drop

"There is talk that one of them may be kept on alongside Jim-Jim if his move goes ahead, but they won't know for definite until station bosses have finished negotiating a new deal with him.

"Since it was first launched in 2005 the programme has had a consistently changing line-up and those in power feel it's important to keep things fresh.

"There is also concern about rating figures as there was a slight drop in the last JNLRs released," they added.

When contacted by the Herald a spokesperson for the station declined to comment.

Meanwhile, a member of the production crew on the Strawberry Alarm Clock confirmed that they had been asked to attend a meeting about the future format of the show.

Very surprising considering the badmouthing that went on between Colm & Jim Jim and FM104 after their acrimonious departure from the station!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

From Evening Herald.

Very surprising considering the badmouthing that went on between Colm & Jim Jim and FM104 after their acrimonious departure from the station!
    That was before his acrimonious departure from 2FM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

colm and jim bleedin jim to me were always like and embarassing uncle and his retard.

Fm104 dyin to get him back.

Fm104 dyin to get him back.
    Desperate times call for DESPERATE measures :p

Now that Jim Jim has shook off his Uncle Colm can he go back to his normal name "Jim" :confused::pac:

Now that Jim Jim has shook off his Uncle Colm can he go back to his normal name "Jim" :confused::pac:

Here's hoping. Although if he got a new radio show called "The Jim Breakfast Show" everyone would be like "Who?"

Unfortunately for him the second Jim is going to follow him everywhere like a bad smell!

Here's hoping. Although if he got a new radio show called "The Jim Breakfast Show" everyone would be like "Who?"

Unfortunately for him the second Jim is going to follow him everywhere like a bad smell!

Like the smell of onions. yucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Jesus, I didnt know the lads were hated so much. I actually liked them when they were on FM104, would always get a laugh in the morning listening to them. When they moved to 2FM they seemed more restricted but it was still ok to listen to in the morning.

Not a bleedin' chance I'll be listening to Hector at half 6 in the morning. Imagine hearing his voice every morning, it would put you in a bad mood.

Best of luck to Jim Jim, hope he doesn't try stand up because I dont think it suits him.

Thanks to the lads for keeping me entertained through my school years and those early work mornings after. I don't know what I'll listen to now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

I enjoyed the brain dead antics that the guys produced. Always listened to them on my 2 hour commute to work, no thinking involved, good bit of humour, entertainment updates, Nob nation and all those quiz's they had. Jim Jim you will be missed but on the bright side FM104 will get another morning listener. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Anybody think there's a chance Jim Nugent will go to Radio Nova and go up against Colm Hayes on the 11 - 1 slot????

deelite wrote: »
    Anybody think there's a chance Jim Nugent will go to Radio Nova and go up against Colm Hayes on the 11 - 1 slot????
    Given that their schedule was announced last week and he wasn't mentioned.... I doubt it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Good riddance to the annoying,fat fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Ok less of the insults. Next time it's a ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Can't believe that culchie simpleton Hector is taking over the Breakfast Show. I'd say he'll last no more than a few months. RTÉ really don't have a clue.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

el diablo, did you not just see someone being warned directly above you for being abusive? Knock it on the head or don't post here, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

el diablo, did you not just see someone being warned directly above you for being abusive? Knock it on the head or don't post here, please.
    Ok, no worries. Didn't see that. :o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I feel a bit sorry for him. TBH I never listen to the show as together Paddy / Colm and JIm Jim drove me crazy in the morning, but feel that he might have done better then some of the other presenters (i.e. Hector, Ruth, Lucy, Baz).

He was brought into RTE as part of a team, and it wasn't his fault that they were broken up.

Thought however he was incredibly childish throwing his toys out of the pram before weighing up his opportunities. I felt a lot sorrier for him before I had read that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

He's apparantly going to pursue a career as a comedian now...he's at the bottom of a very steep learning curve indeed...he'd be better off applying for a job in Tesco.

If he ever makes me laugh it'll be watching him die on his arse at his first 'comedy' gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

He has gone back to the strawberries on fm104!

• Advertisement

I will be following him right back to FM104. Thank God, I will be sane in the mornings again, woo hoo! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Another mediocre presenter.Zzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Between him and Aidan Power moving to FM104 & 98FM respectively, is moving from the national broadcaster to a local station a big step down? Or is it that both are being realistic in taking a position anywhere to keep themselves in work? From what I gathered from Jim Jim's youtube video, he was offered something from 2FM, as oppose to being let go. Would he not have been better off taking a slot other than the high profile breakfast slot and stay in 2FM?
    Sorry if I am reading it wrong, but that is how I thought what happened with Jim & 2FM!

Just listening to Jim Jim's first morning on FM104. He has a jingle going something like "Working too long down in RTE and I was like f*ck you" and another line says that Hector's sh*t and anything's better than listening to him!

They also keep mentioning that it's great to hear him without RTE restrictions (which is true) but he really needs to stop with the bitterness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Just listening to Jim Jim's first morning on FM104. He has a jingle going something like "Working too long down in RTE and I was like f*ck you" and another line says that Hector's sh*t and anything's better than listening to him!

They also keep mentioning that it's great to hear him without RTE restrictions (which is true) but he really needs to stop with the bitterness!

Yeah, he really needs to cop himself on before the Montrose lawyers get interested. Get over it - you got an opportunity on the nationals and were found out

To be fair, it's only the first day!

Yes but it's extremely unprofessional and petty. He should hold his head high and move on, not hold a bitter grudge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I was thinking the same myself. Didn't get to hear them this morning, but would imagine they were just having a bit of a laugh about the whole thing?

Hopefully they won't continue to use jingles like that ! :eek:

I was thinking the same myself. Didn't get to hear them this morning, but would imagine they were just having a bit of a laugh about the whole thing?

Hopefully they won't continue to use jingles like that ! :eek:

Fingers crossed Elvis (jesus there's a sentence I never thought I'd say)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

the two of them were as bad as each other!
    maybe a dublin thing but for the rest of the country the were crapola!!!
    delighted he is gone,might bring down my tv licence now.
    now we are going to have feckin hector,
    rte are like gerard houllier bying players each one crappier than the last!!!!
    rte sucks mothballs!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement