Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim-Jim Nugent

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Just listening to Jim Jim's first morning on FM104. He has a jingle going something like "Working too long down in RTE and I was like f*ck you" and another line says that Hector's sh*t and anything's better than listening to him!

They also keep mentioning that it's great to hear him without RTE restrictions (which is true) but he really needs to stop with the bitterness!

Is that allowed. Directly insulting a rival station.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 riddleyscott

Dose anybody know why Jim Jim left 2fm, I found him very entertaining since he joined 2fm, great in the morning with the long drive into work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Dose anybody know why Jim Jim left 2fm, I found him very entertaining since he joined 2fm, great in the morning with the long drive into work.

Himself and colm colm were losing listeners hand over fist so 2Fm got rid. FM 104 is better for him i think much better there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

threads merged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jim Jim's been nominated for a PPI Award for work he's done on 2fm!

http://www.ppiradioawards.com/2010/shortlist_2010.asp

(Category D4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Badabing wrote: »
    Himself and colm colm were losing listeners hand over fist so 2Fm got rid.

Oh stop they lost as many listeners as Ian Dempsey all economy related.

Jim sounds absoutley great this week. Why rte did not give him that freedom is a question RTE have to ask themselves.

Badabing wrote: »
    Himself and colm colm were losing listeners hand over fist so 2Fm got rid. FM 104 is better for him i think much better there.

Just so we're on the right side of... oh I dunno... facts... neither Jim nor Colm were "got rid" of - Colm's still there, and Jim actually left. That's all... carry on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

seanin4711 wrote: »
    the two of them were as bad as each other!
    maybe a dublin thing but for the rest of the country the were crapola!!!
    delighted he is gone,might bring down my tv licence now.
    now we are going to have feckin hector,
    rte are like gerard houllier bying players each one crappier than the last!!!!
    rte sucks mothballs!!!
    allow me introduce you to a few concepts
    1. the OFF button
    2. the frequency dial - there are other channels
    3. playing CDs
    4. singing and talking to yourself
    you don't have to listen if its that bad.

jacool wrote: »
    allow me introduce you to a few concepts
    1. the OFF button
    2. the frequency dial - there are other channels
    3. playing CDs
    4. singing and talking to yourself
    you don't have to listen if its that bad.

Allow me to introduce you to one concept: the charter

Telling people to switch it off, change the channel or do something else instead is considered off topic and can lead to infractions or bans. So don't. Being a smartass isn't very big or clever either. Consider this a warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Bard wrote: »
    Just so we're on the right side of... oh I dunno... facts... neither Jim nor Colm were "got rid" of - Colm's still there, and Jim actually left. That's all... carry on...

Just pointing out that if they were doing well and not losing listeners the Colm and Jim Jim Breakfast show would still be on 7-9 on 2FM. 2FM lost confidence in them obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

They were brought in by the previous pd which is never a good thing when a new boss is appointed who is trying to put his stamp on things. I think it's commonly known that they were not allowed to express themselves as they did on fm104. All you have to do is listen to jim on his return to 104. He's sounding great.

Advertisement