Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Japanese food shop?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'm looking for a shop that sells Japanese food products and ingredients for a friend. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

There's a lot of good Asian markets about that might have what you're looking for.

The one on Drury Street in the city centre might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

that market is great alright. I managed to find Sake there for a friend once, when I couldn't get it anywhere else. Can also recommend the oriential emporium at the Jervis Luas stop - they always seem to have whatever exotic thing I'm looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Sushi King on Dawson Street also have a display with various Japanese food products for sale. I seem to remember that Yo Sushi also has a small amount of things like pickled ginger etc for sale beside their till.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Yeah have to say this is probably the best asian market in city centre. Right beside Drury St car park and they have absolutely everything oriental that you may need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Kokoro near abbey street is one of the best sushi places in town, and very cheap by comparison to the celtic tiger crap shops that popped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

I went into Koroko the other day, on the recommendation of the previous post, and I have to say that I'm suitably impressed. The have a really great selection of hot food and you can make up your own sushi boxes, which is a really nifty idea. Now, if they just had somewhere to sit down, I'd be in heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mcdoogle

Might not be in the same league as the other genuine shops but Tesco has a Japanese section. Got all the bits and pieces for making sushi there before so if it's only stuff like that you require it might save you a journey into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

The only place where you will get a decent selection of japanese ingredients that I have found is in the Asia Market on drury street.

Check the dates on the stuff though as some arent great. They have everything that you would look for including kombu, mirin, katsuobushi (expensive though), nori and the rest. Some of the smaller chinese stores on parnell street have some stuff, but Asia market have a whole aisle of everything you'd probably need.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

sushisushi wrote: »
    I went into Koroko the other day, on the recommendation of the previous post, and I have to say that I'm suitably impressed. The have a really great selection of hot food and you can make up your own sushi boxes, which is a really nifty idea. Now, if they just had somewhere to sit down, I'd be in heaven!

There is a new Japanese sushi bar open beside Kokoro called O Thousand in the former K3 Bar premises. Went there for a lunch bento the other day. Portions are huge for €8.95. Quality is ok.

Advertisement