Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting for Good

Options
  • 16-08-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

hey,

It's day 2, just has my first inhaler of the day, with my cup of tea. Not as satisfying as I was hoping for, but it's better than smoking. Been smoking rollies, since I was 13. Now I'm 33 and three quarters and it's time to stop. 25g for Drum tobacco in two days. €9.25 including skins. €1692.75 a year. Can't afford it any more. Second child on the way. We are both in good jobs, but credit card debt is building on both sides.

Tried the gum yesterday morning when I got up. Forgot how disgusting they were. Had 2 pieces of them before 11 until Boots opened. Got the Inhaler and 7 days of patches.

I find the Inhaler a lot more satisfying than the gum. Having to chew the gum for a few seconds until you get the horrible taste then keep it up between your teeth and gums, and repeat. Why can't they just make normal gum that you just chew.

Felt great, this morning when I woke up. Hadn't felt that good in the morning, in a long time. Slept really good. Didn't take me too long to get to sleep also. And no night terrors either, that I have been having for the past year or so.

Not too much temptation in my life at the moment. I'm the only person that smokes in work until September. So it was a good time to quit. Only one of my friends really smokes now. So I won't be calling him for a while.
    All the same it not going to be easy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Good luck with the quit! Keep us all posted as to how you get on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Well done! keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Day 5

Listened to Allan Carr's book in the car yesterday and today. I had long drives, so I got it finished over the two days. It's around 6 hours long. It helped a bit. It's for people going to quit and having the last cigarette. He doesn't agree with gum or inhalers.

I'm sticking with the inhaler for another while. Bought my second Inhaler 18 pack today. I'm on about 3 to 4 a day, a good bit less than the 6 to 12 they recommend. But it does the job. In the morning I was sucking on it for a half hour straight.

Been eating a lot of sweets in the evening while watching telly. Also a lot more action in the bedroom:D

Advertisement