Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tumblr II

Options
  • 16-08-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Tumblr was discussed, briefly, last Winter.

Since then many more photographers and artists seem to have joined.

An opportunity to share links and tips for using the interface.

There is a wide choice of themes and it is a lively site.

http://anouilh.tumblr.com/archive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I love Tumblr as a blogging platform.

But for photography I found the supported image sizes too restrictive (boo!)

That said, quite often, I will come across a photographer on tumblr and go wow! look what they've done (so its probably not about image size at all :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

what is tumblr ??

is it better than blogger ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

image size is set at 4OOpx width but u can have it direct linking to your bigger image

heres mine, i use it for everything
    http://antigirl.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Surely it depends on the theme you're using? I changed my theme a month or so ago & as far as I can tell the images are far larger. I like how easy it makes it to set click-through links to your flickr etc, & how unfussy it is to make short posts (like single photos) without having to mess about with thumbnails or anything.

Placebo: great logo, looks very professional on the blog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I dunno, I just uploaded a pic there and its 500x700...

I'm just getting started, it's a bit boggling tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

zoegh wrote: »

I'm just getting started, it's a bit boggling tbh.

It took quite some time to work it out here.

Thank you for following.

Perhaps others with accounts on Tumblr would like to link up there.

Conorh is worth following. Good photos and links to film sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Anouilh wrote: »
    Conorh is worth following. Good photos and links to film sites.

Agree - Conorh has some wonderful posts, interesting images, and insightful opinion.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Agree - Conorh has some wonderful posts, interesting images, and insightful opinion.

is that Conor horgan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

thebaz wrote: »
    is that Conor horgan ?

Yes...

http://minu.me/2ssr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I recently joind Tumblr, so decided to use the search function to see if theres Boardsies using it, which led me to this old ass topic. I like the site and it seems to get an insane amount of traffic. At first I found it all a bit confusing but that passed after 30 or so minutes fiddling with the settings.

Here's mine anyway if anyone want's a look, I'll be posting my photography and other various artistic happenings up there as time passes. Anyone else using it and how doya find it?

• Advertisement

Anyone else using it and how doya find it?

i use it occasionally now, sometimes detailing what I'm doing :- http://thebaz1.tumblr.com/

thebaz wrote: »
    i use it occasionally now, sometimes detailing what I'm doing :- http://thebaz1.tumblr.com/

I'll give ye an auld follow so, **** buzz with that exhibition, they're a bitch to get together especially if you've not a lot of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i love tumblr, but mine is more like a scrapbook of stuff i like. i don't share my own pics on it very often. *cough* my tumblr *cough*

i love tumblr, but mine is more like a scrapbook of stuff i like. i don't share my own pics on it very often. *cough* my tumblr *cough*
    Just had a look, christ you post a lot, must like a lot of things :pac:

I'll probably just be using it for posting up my own stuff and rambling mainly, no point making art if no ones gunna see it :) Seems to be pretty good for researching too so far thou, you can never have too many sources :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i only post a few times a day, mainly reblogs from blogs i follow, or pics i see floating about. anyways, don't follow if it's too much for you :P

Well, let me rephrase to 'a lot more than me' :P

Advertisement