Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightlife in Ballina

Options
  • 16-08-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I live in Swinford but would like to go to Ballina for a Saturday night for a change of scene, could anyone tell me good pubs to go to there and is Ballina good on a Saturday night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

The best two places on a Saturday night in Ballina are Brennans Lane and Crockets.
    Crockets is the venue most revellers head to at about midnight stroke half 12...free in...it is down by the Quay so you need to get a taxi there.
    Most people have a few in Brennans before heading to Crockets!!! Taxi's sit outside Brennans to whisk you off!!!
    Ballina isn't bad to go out in once in a while...locals are friendly...however if you went out there every weekend it would be like deja vu!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Paul4As wrote: »
    Ballina isn't bad to go out in once in a while...locals are friendly...however if you went out there every weekend it would be like deja vu!!!

Yeah same as every other town in Mayo.....well maybe Westport is the exception due to tourists/visitors. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

finisklin wrote: »
    Yeah same as every other town in Mayo.....well maybe Westport is the exception due to tourists/visitors. :rolleyes:

I find Westport especially in the summer months a bit too much to handle, god I sound old !! All that pushing and shoving in the pubs.

Was thinking of going to Dillons for a bite to eat first, have been there once before and it was nice.

Thanks to you both for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Is Swinford not wild enough on a Saturday night for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

You have to get out of the town every once in a while, and if you go to Westport half of Swinford are there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement